Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
Author Message
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Some might have seen this on the aggressive HT thread but figured I should post up a bit of info on the build




Marino frame
63.5ha
77sa
475mm reach
450mm cs
BB -55mm
Yari debonair @ 150mm
Hope Fortus wheelset
Conti Der Kaiser front andj rear with Rimpact
Renthal bars, stem and glue on grips
Hope e4 brakeset
SLX 11spd groupset
Sunrace 11-46
One up 170mm dropper

Super happy with the outcome, just need to find time to get out and ride now


What color is that? Is it raw ? What is the color change at the welds ? Is it just from the heat or a gusset ? It looks beautiful mate. Cheers

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
metaam wrote:
Morph Cycles frame 1 built up. 140 travel fork in the trail flipchip position. Can be run with a 160 fork and the flipchip inverted for more enduro characteristics. morphcycles on instagram or www.morphcycles.co.uk for more info

I thought this belonged here. More information about it on the show your all mountain bike thread.

So there’s a good article/interview with the guy who designed this on wideopenmag, can’t figure the link out! Think he’s on here too, @tom666 I think?!

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
So there’s a good article/interview with the guy who designed this on wideopenmag, can’t figure the link out! Think he’s on here too, @tom666 I think?!

Yep, that's the chap - deserves some coverage.
Linky to interview

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
Dav82 wrote:
So there’s a good article/interview with the guy who designed this on wideopenmag, can’t figure the link out! Think he’s on here too, @tom666 I think?!

Yep, that's the chap - deserves some coverage.
Linky to interview

Cheers banana!! Comes across as decent guy with a solid work ethic....

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
I dunno - I've never seen him being a dick to potential customers on social media, he actually spent a lot of time working on properly designing the bike, the bike physically exists etc.
Is that really any way to run a bike brand these days? Wink

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
I dunno - I've never seen him being a dick to potential customers on social media, he actually spent a lot of time working on properly designing the bike, the bike physically exists etc.
Is that really any way to run a bike brand these days? Wink

You’re right!! Makes me sick......

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
Ha yeah Tom comes across as a genuine mr nice guy.

But mess with him and he will wack your sorry ass in a jig, morphing you into some decent tubing shapes!

;-d

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
kwp2011 wrote:
marko369 wrote:
Some might have seen this on the aggressive HT thread but figured I should post up a bit of info on the build




Marino frame
63.5ha
77sa
475mm reach
450mm cs
BB -55mm
Yari debonair @ 150mm
Hope Fortus wheelset
Conti Der Kaiser front andj rear with Rimpact
Renthal bars, stem and glue on grips
Hope e4 brakeset
SLX 11spd groupset
Sunrace 11-46
One up 170mm dropper

Super happy with the outcome, just need to find time to get out and ride now


What color is that? Is it raw ? What is the color change at the welds ? Is it just from the heat or a gusset ? It looks beautiful mate. Cheers

Yeah mate it’s raw, with a clear coat. The colour change is indeed the heat from the weds, the pics don’t do it justice tbh, I’ll have to try get some better than iPhone pics next time I get out and post them up

Rides awesome, build is near perfect for me too(would have liked a Lyrik but big £ difference from the bargain Yaris I picked up)

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
marko369 wrote:
kwp2011 wrote:
marko369 wrote:
Some might have seen this on the aggressive HT thread but figured I should post up a bit of info on the build




Marino frame
63.5ha
77sa
475mm reach
450mm cs
BB -55mm
Yari debonair @ 150mm
Hope Fortus wheelset
Conti Der Kaiser front andj rear with Rimpact
Renthal bars, stem and glue on grips
Hope e4 brakeset
SLX 11spd groupset
Sunrace 11-46
One up 170mm dropper

Super happy with the outcome, just need to find time to get out and ride now


What color is that? Is it raw ? What is the color change at the welds ? Is it just from the heat or a gusset ? It looks beautiful mate. Cheers

Yeah mate it’s raw, with a clear coat. The colour change is indeed the heat from the weds, the pics don’t do it justice tbh, I’ll have to try get some better than iPhone pics next time I get out and post them up

Rides awesome, build is near perfect for me too(would have liked a Lyrik but big £ difference from the bargain Yaris I picked up)

It does look amazing. I too like the raw but they are warning against it saying its not so durable and may rust. I guess worst case it could be stripped and repainted in a couple years.

yes post more pics, I would love to see them,.
cheers

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
I have Yaris on both bikes at the moment. Just fine. Fantastic fork for the price. Especially since folks are taking them off and selling them for around 300$ new. tup

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
Doesn’t steel just rust superficially anyway!

Of course it bloody does!

Plus it’s a MTB not wall art lol.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I have Yaris on both bikes at the moment. Just fine. Fantastic fork for the price. Especially since folks are taking them off and selling them for around 300$ new. tup

Mine were take offs, £360 from a local bike shop(rrp was over £600)

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Doesn’t steel just rust superficially anyway!

Of course it bloody does!

Plus it’s a MTB not wall art lol.

Of course it does, my NS was painted and still had loads of rust where the paint had scratches and chipped anyway

That said, I’ve only got this because I couldn’t afford titanium Wink

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
Shhhhh you’ll give the game away!

I was trying to edge sarcasm to the urmericanados of this forum.

But yeah this was my point re: raw clear coated vs painted. No other discernible diffrence other than looks and a bit of surface rust is f negligible.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 4:40 Quote
Stooge MK4 - from the Stooge www.
Stooge MK4 - from the Stooge www.

Has anyone ridden one of these? Looks interesting.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019771
Mobile Version of Website