Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 4:59 Quote
Plenty of excellent off piste at FOD, not to mention descents that last longer than 10 seconds. It's just a shame you need a second mortgage to meet the parking costs if you park in the main carpark.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
Never been FOD. Those pebbles at Cannock are pretty sketchy at best. Still a decent loop though. I’ll need a guide to find the off piste stuff.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 5:22 Quote
I'm hoping to get there this year. It'd be cool to do some laps with fellow threaders.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 5:27 Quote
metaam wrote:
I'm hoping to get there this year. It'd be cool to do some laps with fellow threaders.

Absolutely! Hopefully it will be dry this year too!

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
metaam wrote:
Plenty of excellent off piste at FOD, not to mention descents that last longer than 10 seconds. It's just a shame you need a second mortgage to meet the parking costs if you park in the main carpark.

It's not 4 quid all day anymore then?

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
Last time I went it was £7 or £8. Kinda taking the piss IMO.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 6:48 Quote
Yh for height of season but still worth it as cafe is gooooood plus someone gotta pay for all the tarmac ffs

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
Pretty sure it was that price when we went in Feb, but yeah, more tarmac, it's the future! lol

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
Is this the same for the spaces going up past the uplift stop? That's where I've always parked, haven't been back for a year or two.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
Superb! Trucks pretty badass too...

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
I'm sure many of you have seen my bike before, but this seems like a cool thread where people would be interested in seeing it.

I designed and made this frame myself at University over 2 years. I designed every aspect of it from the suspension platform to the design of the parts. I did a lot of prototyping in CAD, then 3D printed a lot of the parts, then eventually CNC machined the parts or made them on a lathe out of steel. I then got a professional frame builder (Gael from Baudou Bikes if anybody is interested) to weld it together for me. Tubes are Reynolds 853.

It has a flipchip. 142mm rear travel. By changing the flipchip you can run it with either a 140 or a 160 fork (trail or enduro mode on the same bike so-to speak). 29 wheels.

https://www.wideopenmountainbike.com/2019/07/we-chat-about-the-creation-of-morph-cycles-with-tom-bugler

In the process of building my dream frame. It s kind of part personal project part uni project part business idea. Will be posting all he progress to morphcycles on instagram for anybody who s interested in follow the progress

In the process of building my dream frame. It s kind of part personal project part uni project part business idea. Will be posting all he progress to morphcycles on instagram for anybody who s interested in follow the progress

photo

Morph Cycles frame 1 built up. 140 travel fork in the trail flipchip position. Can be run with a 160 fork and the flipchip inverted for more enduro characteristics. morphcycles on instagram or www.morphcycles.co.uk for more info

Morph Cycles Frame 1 Rockshox Pike Monarch RC3 Reverb Burgtec bar Renthal stem Zee brakes Hope pro4 on stans flows XT SLX drivetrain Hope headset and BB. Raceface Aeffect cranks Burgtec Cloud seat and Penthouse flat pedals.

Morph Cycles Frame 1 Rockshox Pike Monarch RC3 Reverb Burgtec bar Renthal stem Zee brakes Hope pro4 on stans flows XT SLX drivetrain Hope headset and BB. Raceface Aeffect cranks Burgtec Cloud seat and Penthouse flat pedals.

I'm potentially looking to sell some of these frames later this year if anybody is interested Salute

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
What kinda dollar are we talking here?

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Is this the same for the spaces going up past the uplift stop? That's where I've always parked, haven't been back for a year or two.

AFAIK it's for all parking, but I haven't been up there to check.

@tom666. Yes, we've seen the Morph before, but that doesn't make it any less stunning.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015682
Mobile Version of Website