Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
metaam wrote:
fielonator wrote:
Is this the same for the spaces going up past the uplift stop? That's where I've always parked, haven't been back for a year or two.

AFAIK it's for all parking, but I haven't been up there to check.

@tom666. Yes, we've seen the Morph before, but that doesn't make it any less stunning.

Yes, it's been £7 for the last 2 years. For that reason I have bought a discovery pass for the last 2 years. £30 per year, this makes sense for me as I probably go 10 times in a year.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
What kinda dollar are we talking here?

Not finalised, but expect it to be roughly in line with a UK made Starling or Curtis Salute

I would likely be able to get you some good prices on parts to go with it too - if you wanted parts from DVO, Cane Creek, SDG or Fabric

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
tom666 wrote:

I'm potentially looking to sell some of these frames later this year if anybody is interested Salute

Looks absolutely mega! I'll make a note of you and when I'm looking at buying my next steed in a few years time you'll definitely be pretty high up the list

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
metaam wrote:

@tom666. Yes, we've seen the Morph before, but that doesn't make it any less stunning.

Fab

james-skipper wrote:
tom666 wrote:

I'm potentially looking to sell some of these frames later this year if anybody is interested Salute

Looks absolutely mega! I'll make a note of you and when I'm looking at buying my next steed in a few years time you'll definitely be pretty high up the list

Thanks so much dude Salute

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
tom666 wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
What kinda dollar are we talking here?

Not finalised, but expect it to be roughly in line with a UK made Starling or Curtis Salute

I would likely be able to get you some good prices on parts to go with it too - if you wanted parts from DVO, Cane Creek, SDG or Fabric

Not wanting to sound like a complete douche, but if its possible, surely you would benefit by slashing profit margins on the first few to get some out in the real world. As it might be hard to get people to part with their cash for your bike over some of the more established brands, like Starling, Curtis etc.

Just some food for thought.

And on the same note, I am very close to buying a Murmur, so would be interested to see what your pricing is going to be and lead times etc etc.

otherwise, epic work!

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
Tom did say “in line” meaning relative to curtis starling etc not that it will cost same just roughly or equivalent i guess :/

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 0:44 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Tom did say “in line” meaning relative to curtis starling etc not that it will cost same just roughly or equivalent i guess :/

fair play if I misunderstood what he meant then. I will certainly be interested to see how his pricing comes out.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
I've been working out all my costs the last couple days. It's all still approximate but probably pretty close.

I think I can get the frames out to customers at ~ £2000 with a decent shock. Each one will have custom reach and seat angle so each one is unique and for the customer. There will also be an option to buy without a shock if customers have a suitable damper already.

The costs associated with producing these frames are high because of the number of unique parts - the frames are not made of catalogue/off-the-shelf parts. Somebody somewhere in the UK will be machining most of the parts from blocks of steel just for these frames and the frames will be hand built in France.

If I sell them for much less than £2k I think I'll have to register as some kind of charity or a non profit lol

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
"For anyone with an appreciation for Steel.
No Ti, Carbon, Aluminium or anything apart from steel.
Stainless Steel is ok. "

What about mixed material frames ?
such as carbon and steel ?

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
"For anyone with an appreciation for Steel.
No Ti, Carbon, Aluminium or anything apart from steel.
Stainless Steel is ok. "

What about mixed material frames ?
such as carbon and steel ?

Probably a no for me but post a piccy and let the people decide....

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
guess that'll apply to steel and Ti also, border line discrimination surely ?
1992 Raleigh M trax Ti 1000 will be rolling the lonely road, no longer recognized as
a bike of any significance, may you all rust in hell.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 6:25 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
guess that'll apply to steel and Ti also, border line discrimination surely ?
1992 Raleigh M trax Ti 1000 will be rolling the lonely road, no longer recognized as
a bike of any significance, may you all rust in hell.

Go on then post the piccys (I googled it and it looks pretty cool and still made with a majority of the good stuff we all know and love fondly). Wink

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1v8oI9lTs6/?igshid=8matojcryvkl

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1uK2PJBlly/?igshid=7ye847tarzwp

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:

Nice but could be amazing if the TT and SS aligned. It would only look that way for photos but damn it would look nice.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

Nice but could be amazing if the TT and SS aligned. It would only look that way for photos but damn it would look nice.

Agreed, not enough bikes have that imo. Want a mondraker almost exclusively based on that look lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010381
Mobile Version of Website