Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
think its a home-made some guy put together himself

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/JokerT/

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
It looks like its all steel. It's a stunner nonetheless.

photo

Wow! I like that.
Is it a Portus by any chance?

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
Fantastic looking tup

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
Flippotheone wrote:
metaam wrote:
Bugger! Just realised I've double booked myself for the Steel is Real demo day. Oh well, could be worse, going up to Inners for the weekend to ride the Golfie trails.
I wish I could be there too. Wonder if Curtis will bring the new 29er?

I spoke with Gary earlier this afternoon, The XR29 will be at SIR next week. I will get some pics.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
I’m beyond excited for tomorrow, Chad from Corvid Cycles has set up a hardtail party here a couple hours south of me at some royal good trails. I should get some pics and possibly video of some serious steel shredding and or bikes ...

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

photo

Wow! I like that.
Is it a Portus by any chance?

Homemade by this guy. https://www.pinkbike.com/u/JokerT/

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
fartymarty wrote:

photo

Guys done a sick job. Love the idler.

Love everything except the seat angle, which looks totally impractical.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
I don’t know... bet the SA works well being coiled out and all. Finding Im a huge fan of steep SA’s for sure.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
I like a steep SA too, you can go too steep though.

I've learned that rather than trust the number given on the geometry chart (because there can be a large dependency between actual and effective SA, particularly when you run a long dropper) actually look at where the nose of the saddle is compared to the BB. I find bikes where the nose of the saddle is way out in front of the BB puts a lot of pressure on my knees.

This is coming from a 23 year old who doesn't have knee issues at all, it starts to genuinely hurt quite quickly.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I’m beyond excited for tomorrow, Chad from Corvid Cycles has set up a hardtail party here a couple hours south of me at some royal good trails. I should get some pics and possibly video of some serious steel shredding and or bikes ...

That sounds mega! I look forward to seeing the pics Sterl! tup

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
Fair point. How steep is that one?

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 20:13 Quote
Got to meet up with Chad from Corvid Cycles here in Washington for his gathering Conspiracy PNW. Chad is a super nice guy, makes awesome bikes and came to shred some of the snarliest trails we have to offer. This zone is steep and janky AF. that coupled with a month of rain made this a proper PNW event. I didn't get as many shots as I set out to, only because there was a pro on the ride and figured he would do a far better job than I.... but here's a couple of sick bikes and shots of the one hectic spot I stopped to grab a pic. (oh and it certainly wasn't because this tree stump combo decided to grab my bar end and threaten my nuts with total castration) Somehow I stepped over the bike and it just worked out.

Chad
photo

Nick
photo

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
Looks fun. And nice bikes!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022383
Mobile Version of Website