Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
Author Message
Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 22:49 Quote
shralping-the-cube wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Well, that's pretty heavy then... What bikes are those out of interest?


Customisation is a big reason to go with a steel frame I think. Without the customisable options and being involved in the build process the argument is less compelling for sure.

Ferrum LV145 and a Starling Twist.

Just for reference, my medium Starling Murmur is 16kg (35lbs). That's with a coil shock, hunt wheels, tyre inserts, tough casing wtb tyres and no carbon.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 3:32 Quote
Zodiac Myth
Zodiac Myth
It would be rude not to post a piccy.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
Beautiful bike, but almost a grand more than what I paid for my Murmur. And 4130 if I understand?

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 6:44 Quote

My Moxie is flat 16kg minus the pump and tools. The Diamond, Jade, cheap ass wheels pushing it up.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
Beautiful bike, but almost a grand more than what I paid for my Murmur. And 4130 if I understand?

Yeah, works out about £1900, which is about £100 more than a Murmur.

I'm assuming you didn't get taxed on your Murmur as $1600 for a Starling would be a steal!

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
700-pirate wrote:

My Moxie is flat 16kg minus the pump and tools. The Diamond, Jade, cheap ass wheels pushing it up.

I'm lovin' the hot pink.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 9:34 Quote
700-pirate wrote:

My Moxie is flat 16kg minus the pump and tools. The Diamond, Jade, cheap ass wheels pushing it up.

Sweet bike!

Did you spend your wheel budget on cranks?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
Very interesting that nobody seems to get taxed on bike frames going into the US (Starling made a post about it for anybody who didn't see).


Pretty good result for Americans Cool

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
It’s already been like that.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:54 Quote
tom666 wrote:

Pretty good result for Americans Cool


Oh, I agree haha.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Very interesting that nobody seems to get taxed on bike frames going into the US (Starling made a post about it for anybody who didn't see).


Pretty good result for Americans Cool

I didn't know that. That's a proper good result...not for us Brits obviously. Lol

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
Somehow we're paying more for British bikes than Americans are paying for British bikes... lol


On paper there is supposed to be fees, it's just in reality they don't seem to get charged.

700-pirate wrote:

My Moxie is flat 16kg minus the pump and tools. The Diamond, Jade, cheap ass wheels pushing it up.

Those cranks are saving a good few hunnit grams over most cranksets ofc

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Somehow we're paying more for British bikes than Americans are paying for British bikes... lol


On paper there is supposed to be fees, it's just in reality they don't seem to get charged.

700-pirate wrote:

My Moxie is flat 16kg minus the pump and tools. The Diamond, Jade, cheap ass wheels pushing it up.

Those cranks are saving a good few hunnit grams over most cranksets ofc

The moxie needs weight savings. Nothing on the Morph climbing and certainly not descending.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
I have to get some eewings at some point

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
tom666 wrote:
I have to get some eewings at some point

order some. Send me the bill....


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007465
Mobile Version of Website