Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
My Marino odyssey has come to an end. After several weeks I got a lot of communication in short order. My bike was built and shipped within a 1 month period, with about 7 or 8 emails in that time. The frame was shipped and arrived within a week. Start to frame in my possession was about 9 months. I can’t say that I would do it again. I’ve personally found the process frustrating due to the lack of transparency on where I sat in the queue.
The good:
+It seems to be what I ordered in terms of geometry. My measuring may not be the most accurate but it seems to be about right
+it’s mine and it’s beautiful to me
The not so good:
-the frame was damaged on arrival. The iscg tab on the bottom of the bb was bent due to poor packing. Given my difficulty installing the bb as well I’d venture to guess the drive side bb shell is slightly bent as well
-the headtube is twisted. It’s not too bad but clearly it’s twisted. It seems one side was overheated while welding which caused the twist.
-The iscg tabs don’t allow mounting of a chainguide without spacers. If mounted flush the chainguide interferes with the swingarm.
-no way to confirm it’s the Reynolds 725 I paid for. I’d have settled for the sticker

I can’t wait to ride it. I know this post sounds a little Debbie-downer but I am really excited. I didn’t factor in how long this bike was gonna be so I’m waiting on a new brake hose for my rear brake. I’m gonna run it mullet with a 130 fork when I’m due for my next service.

Looks cool! I'm sure you'll have a tonne of fun on that thing!

You kind of get what you pay for with Marino. They have potential to be killer bikes at a killer price but your story isn't too uncommon.

This one of mine is pretty similar travel to yours - this is 140 rear 150 front, 27.5

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 9:10 Quote
That 29er Morph one of the fastest trail/am 29ers out there. It is a great bike and fast all round. It a simple, beautiful thing.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 11:29 Quote

Still not sure on the colour scheme, but think it'll build into something pretty decent...when I actually have any spare time!!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
That paint job looks stunning!
As for your colour scheme, I think it need to be minimal or you risk taking something away from the frame itself.
Maybe a sliver stem and brakes etc.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
As for your colour scheme, I think it need to be minimal or you risk taking something away from the frame itself.

It'll be all black, bar the Ti bar and cranks (wish I had eeWings Ravens lol). The shock pictured isn't mine, as it's got an EXT now. It will detract from the frame aesthetically; but arguably ride better.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 17:18 Quote
Wow! Looks awesome! What are the numbers?

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 23:17 Quote
matther01 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

It'll be all black, bar the Ti bar and cranks (wish I had eeWings Ravens lol). The shock pictured isn't mine, as it's got an EXT now. It will detract from the frame aesthetically; but arguably ride better.

No arguably about it!

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
bikeryder85 wrote:

It's a medium and 29er, so:

Reach 455
Stack 618
ST 390
BB drop 32
STA 77
HTA 63.5
CS 450

My first 29er and at 5'8 it'll take me a while to get used to it.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
matther01 wrote:

Still not sure on the colour scheme, but think it'll build into something pretty decent...when I actually have any spare time!!!

Can't wait to see it built, looks stunning.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
matther01 wrote:
bikeryder85 wrote:

It's a medium and 29er, so:

Reach 455
Stack 618
ST 390
BB drop 32
STA 77
HTA 63.5
CS 450

My first 29er and at 5'8 it'll take me a while to get used to it.

Those are numbers for serious ass haulin'. It's gonna be quick!!!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011157
Mobile Version of Website