DH Saddles

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH Saddles
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 21:07 Quote
What are good saddles for a dh bike? Mine is a demo.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
Same question, but more specifically, what seats are short in the back, or have a cutaway (cutout) portion in the back? I also have a Demo and have to push the seat all the way forward but the rear tire still buzzes it sometimes (the back of the current seat is torn from tire rub).

The SDG i-Fly has the right shape, but I'd really like to find something for less $.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
Ergon Dh is a nice one. Has a big cut out. Only saddle I have never snagged on. Have it on a supreme 29. Looks ace. Even use it on my supreme sx which I pedal around on. Says it not designed for it but hell seems to be ok.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
WTB Hightail and Deity Sidetrack are two others with cut out rear and I-bean option. I ran a Race Face Atlas I-beam on my last bike and it had a short back but no cut-out...

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
tmnutan wrote:
Same question, but more specifically, what seats are short in the back, or have a cutaway (cutout) portion in the back? I also have a Demo and have to push the seat all the way forward but the rear tire still buzzes it sometimes (the back of the current seat is torn from tire rub).

The SDG i-Fly has the right shape, but I'd really like to find something for less $.

check my buy sell for a an i - Fly....
I'm not seeing the issue with slamming seats forward especially with the retard slack STA they still use.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
englertracing wrote:
tmnutan wrote:

check my buy sell for a an i - Fly....
I'm not seeing the issue with slamming seats forward especially with the retard slack STA they still use.

Depending on the top tube length and proportions of the rider, you increase risk of snagging the crotch of your shorts/pants on the nose of the saddle when it's slammed forward (really only with longer bikes as usually you are above the saddle in attack position)... this happened to Gwin a few seasons ago I think in Leznerheide off that drop toward the end of the track.

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
I like the buzzing. I set mine up so it very verily verily slightly buzzes when I bottom out. Just so I know if I don’t feel it.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 22:25 Quote
patch92 wrote:
I like the buzzing. I set mine up so it very verily verily slightly buzzes when I bottom out. Just so I know if I don’t feel it.

Ive never though of that before,
At first i thought well thats a great idea,

Then the horrible thoughts came....
beware that, that is a potential testicle remover......
Could turn someone into the lance armstrong, or katlin jenner of DH hahahaha!

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 6:49 Quote
englertracing wrote:
patch92 wrote:

Ive never though of that before,
At first i thought well thats a great idea,

Then the horrible thoughts came....
beware that, that is a potential testicle remover......
Could turn someone into the lance armstrong, or katlin jenner of DH hahahaha!

Hmmmm.... that’s an even better point. Adjusting saddle now. Lol.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010900
Mobile Version of Website