Affordable full suspension trail

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Affordable full suspension trail
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 6:42 Quote
Looking for recommendations for my wife. Seeing what ladies might recommend for an affordable full suspension trail bike. So far liv seems to be the only one that looks decent and affordable. I would love any input. Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
More details would be helpful
-what do you consider "affordable"?
-is she new to mountain biking, or an experienced rider?
-height/weight? (I'm tall and most "ladies frames/bikes don't fit me well)
-how much travel is she looking for?
-29'er or 27.5?
etc.
Had a Santa Cruz Bronson for several years and was really happy with it, I've got a Transition Smuggler right now(had better geometry for me than the Bronson) and having fun on it, but will be demo'ing other bikes this summer just to see what's out there.
Any friends have bikes she can take out for a trial ride?
Good Luck & have fun with it!

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
She’s 5’4” total beginner but athletic and spins a lot. Affordable would be sub $2k new. I only one other women that mtbs so I might be able to borrow her tallboy.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 20:05 Quote
Trek is making some $2grand full suspension bikes, they usually have a good rep for solid bikes.
Lessons and practicing (a lot) what she learns on mountain bike instructional websites will go a long way as well.
Good Luck!

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
I love my 2015 Liv Lust. Liv's entry level FS bike is the Embolden. The lowest end 2019 one retails at $1,550 USD with the next level up retailing at $1,750. Even the low end one comes with a dropper seat post. IMO, these are great bikes and the prices just cannot be beat. I am 5'2" and ride a size small although I find it a little big for me. The resale on these bikes is great too so if after she rides a while she decides she wants something different, it's not a big loss.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
Jamis makes some good, affordable, and good quality bikes. I had one for a year and it was great. They just re-designed some of their bikes and now have their own suspension system on them. Really good for the price.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
2019 SPECIALIZED 27.5 fullsuspention $2200 with dropper post (A MUST HAVE) upgrade.

Also, watch Dusty Betty on YouTube to help her with technique on how to ride trails AND to help you on how to deal with proper ways to instruct your lady on the trails.

Been riding with my hubby since before youtube and social media started ...definently would have helped me back then. And yes, still together after it all and loving my new bike! ♡ good luck!

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
The Focus Bike, a brand of the Dutch group Pon. Bike (including the Santa Cruz bike), was reborn last year, and its range includes several excellent low-cost products, Jam Elite.

Posted: Dec 31, 2019 at 23:06 Quote
Polygon bikes are solid, and yet rare in the u.s. I have two, both full suspension, and love them. last I checked, you could get a decent fs bike for around 1,200.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008876
Mobile Version of Website