Aggressive Hardtails in Action

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Aggressive Hardtails in Action
Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
justwan-naride wrote:
Shot Stage 3 from EGS Zalogo race

Some enduro racing action on my '16 Whyte 905. Finished midpack in my age category (39-47yrs), I think there were just a couple of us racing hardtails and another 4 or 5 in the Youth category.

Sick ! Great job sticking it to half the pack on a HT.Salute

Im pretty much done with racing but still may want to try an enduro on my hardtail...Ive always been able to outride the majority of full susser's I've ridden with on a hardtail, but thats all i've ever ridden....and at 57 I'm still able to punish the tender young 20 to 40 year olds on the chunky gnar..

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 21:39 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
...and at 57 I'm still able to punish the tender young 20 to 40 year olds on the chunky gnar..

As long as you don't crash...

SCNR Joker

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 22:29 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
...and at 57 I'm still able to punish the tender young 20 to 40 year olds on the chunky gnar..

As long as you don't crash...

SCNR Joker

This is true.....Complacency caught up with me ....will be starting over with trying to be more focused at all times while riding...I'm already back to pedaling....not with out some pain but I think its better than not pedaling...at least a month before back to trail riding.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 18:34 Quote
Some tech singletrack on my Kona Honzo! Love this bike

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
photo

photo

A few pics of me on my Marino.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
Sweet. Irvine... i like that area. Is this out at laguna?

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 8:31 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yes. Laguna and Aliso.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
52Jeff wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yes. Laguna and Aliso.

I love riding there. If Im not mistaken you can stitch a longer ride between Irvine and Moran State park right? Definitely want to do when Im visiting family in Santa Ana next time.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
52Jeff wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yes. Laguna and Aliso.

I love riding there. If Im not mistaken you can stitch a longer ride between Irvine and Moran State park right? Definitely want to do when Im visiting family in Santa Ana next time.

Not sure where Moran State Park is. I can ride from my house down the Mountain to see trail, to Bommer canyon to Crystal Cove / Laguna. Did that when I was more into miles than technical rides. Santa Ana is really close to Santiago Oaks which is also alot of fun.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 18:20 Quote
I think it’s technically part of crystal cove... i may have spelled it wrong .. its a camp ground and flows into the hill trails above.

Ok rad I’ll have to check out Santiago too!

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
Super wet day...but managed to have fun

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 16:47 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I think it’s technically part of crystal cove... i may have spelled it wrong .. its a camp ground and flows into the hill trails above.

think you’re talking about el morro. some proper gnar out there if you know where to look! also that santa ana hat is dope

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 17:01 Quote
frigofff wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

think you’re talking about el morro. some proper gnar out there if you know where to look! also that santa ana hat is dope

Yes thats it! Love that zone. There was a proper rock garden on a trail called staircase I think. Maybe car wreck was fun as well across the hwy. got the hat at Gunthers in Santa Ana tup

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
never in my life did i think i’d be hearing about Gunther’s on a mountain bike forum rad! if you wanna link next time you’re out i can show you around

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 18:19 Quote
frigofff wrote:
never in my life did i think i’d be hearing about Gunther’s on a mountain bike forum rad! if you wanna link next time you’re out i can show you around

I’ll take you up on that! Haven’t been to the Irvine side but looks like there’s potential in there.

My family has lived in Santa Ana for 50 + years so... I get to go to some good spots... I was actually born there at St Josephs, but my mean parents whisked me up the the rain forest when I was 3... lol spent a lot of time at my grandparents place growing up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012457
Mobile Version of Website