BOS Deville, FOX 36 Float Grip 2, DVO Diamond or Lyrik RCT3 - Which one would you choose?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
BOS Deville, FOX 36 Float Grip 2, DVO Diamond or Lyrik RCT3 - Which one would you choose?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
Yo gangstas Cool

Picture this: You have a Santa Cruz Bronson v3 frameset and You need to choose between:

BOS Deville 160
FOX 36 Float Grip 2
DVO Diamond
Lyrik RCT3

Wchich one would You choose and why?
Let's discuss it:

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
Diamond for being able to service the fork yourself and support a company who cut out the bullshit and delivers an awesome product.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 2:13 Quote
The Float GRIP2 will have the better air spring and damper of the lot, by a fair margin. Probably the most expensive though ... A Fox 36 Performance Elite GRIP would be cheaper and only slightly bellow the GRIP2. By the way, the new Marzocchis are just the Performance Elite equivalent of Fox 36 or Fox 40 forks (with slightly different materials aswell, but they're cheaper).

My 2nd choice would be the BOS, but only because I'm French and can have access to BOS if I need parts/manuals/service. Those new Deville with the revised chassis look dope and work really well. But it's a massive pain in the arse to get any kind of aftermarket support if you're not in France (but if you have a shop that has good communication with BOS and can get parts, sure!)

DVO, I've never liked the brand, and the last time I tried a DVO fork it felt like crap for something almost brand new ... So this one is out for me. And I've seen quite a few blown shocks over here, and while the support in the US might be great, it's harder to get it over here, and a few people I know went back to Fox/RS.

The Lyrik is finally a safe bet, not a big fan of the charger2 damper (I'd rather have the first charger with upgraded seals to be honest), but they are slowly making progress. I'd probably get a Yari (same chassis and air spring) and put a custom damper in it though Smile
Super easy to work with (except maybe bleeding the charger ...) and easy to source parts.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 4:55 Quote
@Ploutre: thanks for that answer, very apreciate it. I have BOS Deville right now, but 26” and that’s why I need to change fork. I love how it works, it’s super-easy to service, but... I for many shops and deville’s seals kit is just out off order. There was a great bike shop and bos dealer in Ireland where my friend worked, but unfortunatelly they are closed.
For the DVO... they have really big storage of parts for their products. I heard that Diamond working well, easy to service and You don’t lose waranty when You make service by Your own. (You can buy lower legs of half price of the bos one)
For me first will be fox ten dvo, lyrik and bos (I love it but I would have to marriage some french girl to have good acces to parts xD)

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
DVO, I've never liked the brand, and the last time I tried a DVO fork it felt like crap for something almost brand new ... So this one is out for me. And I've seen quite a few blown shocks over here, and while the support in the US might be great, it's harder to get it over here, and a few people I know went back to Fox/RS..

I don’t mean to pick apart your statement but “tried” and “almost new” jumped out at me. If you “tried” a DVO Diamond and it felt like crap, it was clearly damaged or set up for your 340lb gorilla of a friend. You will find 0 reviews where someone says anything remotely close to this and for this fact I would completely write off this opinion as someone who has never used the product thoroughly. DVO was created by many of the same folks who developed Marzocchi USA and responsible for some of the most bad ass forks ever made, and based on the 3 DVO products I own they are on the same path. You wouldn’t be disappointed with a DVO Diamond.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 0:58 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
You wouldn’t be disappointed with a DVO Diamond.

Yeah, I never heard any nagative opinion about Diamond. And for plus, Tou can buy any part which You destroyed.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 1:19 Quote
It well could have been a defective one, and I suppose they fixed the massive stiction they had on the first forks they did. I'm still not sold on them, especially when they launched, where it was clear they had put more money into marketing than into making solid products ... It seems to be better nowadays, and that's good for them, but they still won't get my business Smile

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
Sorry I'm on a mrp ribbon right now if it wasn't for the coil option I'd still be on a diamond.

I have never read about any massive problems with dvo and I've been following since the beginning.

What I do know is they will go out of their way to do you right. I've experienced it and and read about it over and over and over.

As for marketing over engineering or quality I highly ******* doubt it.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 10:25 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Sorry I'm on a mrp ribbon right now if it wasn't for the coil option I'd still be on a diamond.

I have never read about any massive problems with dvo and I've been following since the beginning.

What I do know is they will go out of their way to do you right. I've experienced it and and read about it over and over and over.

When I received my Topaz it had a slight leak in the air canister, I emailed DVO support and Ronnie emailed me back asking for my phone number to call while he was in NZ I think it was with the Giant Factory team for a race, but was willing to still deal with something as minor as a leaky seal.
I was able to solve the issue myself with a nice lathering of Slickoleum and it has been solid ever since. But these dudes should be given an award for their customer service.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
reverend27 wrote:

When I received my Topaz it had a slight leak in the air canister, I emailed DVO support and Ronnie emailed me back asking for my phone number to call while he was in NZ I think it was with the Giant Factory team for a race, but was willing to still deal with something as minor as a leaky seal.
I was able to solve the issue myself with a nice lathering of Slickoleum and it has been solid ever since. But these dudes should be given an award for their customer service.

The best customer service I have encountered bar none regardless of product or industry.

My cable company could take some lessons from them.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010693
Mobile Version of Website