Nomad V4 sizing

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Nomad V4 sizing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
I'm considering a larger Nomad. I'm 5'9"-5'10" and I'm stuck deciding between a large and medium V4. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I currently own a medium V3 Nomad and it feels a bit on the smallish side when things get gnarly. Have any of you made the change from medium to large? How did it go? What did you notice between the 2 different sizes.

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
I didn’t ride a medium prior but I am 5,10 and a large n4 fits perfectly. I have a 32 inch inseam for what it is worth.

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
Thanks Austin! Thats helpful feedback.
Austink wrote:
I didn’t ride a medium prior but I am 5,10 and a large n4 fits perfectly. I have a 32 inch inseam for what it is worth.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
I’m 5,9” and spent last year on a large, this year I’m on a medium and I far prefer it in the turns. I don’t feel like I’m fighting the front end to corner on steeper stuff and I can’t say I notice it being any less stable.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
Cool Rocko. I appreciate the feedback.
rocko1982 wrote:
I’m 5,9” and spent last year on a large, this year I’m on a medium and I far prefer it in the turns. I don’t feel like I’m fighting the front end to corner on steeper stuff and I can’t say I notice it being any less stable.

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 21:33 Quote
jockdoc wrote:
I'm considering a larger Nomad. I'm 5'9"-5'10" and I'm stuck deciding between a large and medium V4. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I currently own a medium V3 Nomad and it feels a bit on the smallish side when things get gnarly. Have any of you made the change from medium to large? How did it go? What did you notice between the 2 different sizes.
I'm 5' 6" and I'm on large. I love it even though I came off a bike too small. In the end it depends do you want it stable or snappy, judging by the fact you want a nomad I'm guessing stable. If I am right I would go with the large

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 0:13 Quote
For a given "size", the V4 fits almost exactly one size bigger. ex. V3 Large = V4 Medium.

I'm 6' and ride a bike that's bigger than the V4 XL. I like big bikes. Both the V4 Medium and Large seem reasonable for you if you can fit a long enough dropper as you want on the Large. That might be the determining factor for you.

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 21:04 Quote
I am running a 185mm bike yoke revive on mine and it's about and inch out of the frame. I dont know my inseam honestly. Btw I'm 5 6 if you didnt see my last post

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
Lukeo04 wrote:
I am running a 185mm bike yoke revive on mine and it's about and inch out of the frame. I dont know my inseam honestly. Btw I'm 5 6 if you didnt see my last post

You're absolutely certain you're on a Large and the post is the 185 mm version? I'm 6' with the same post on a bike with 470 mm seat tube. 170 mm cranks. About 15 mm of post exposed. Low-profile saddle that's usually found on road bikes. Leg extension essentially the same as I use on my road bike. Steep seat tube angle with the saddle slammed forward on the rails. Put all these things together and my post extension is unusually high for my height and my proportions are nearly spot-on average, according to a custom frame builder.

The Nomad V4 Large has a 450 mm seat tube and you have about 25 mm of post exposed. That puts us at nearly the same BB to saddle length. This shouldn't be possible. Maybe if you have thick flat pedals, thick shoes, 160 mm cranks, an unpadded saddle, and super long legs ... ?

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
Here is my setup:
Fame 2018 large ink cc
Seat slammed forward in rails
Wtb Silverado seat
185mm bike yoke revive
165mm hope cranks
Hope f20 pedals
Typically a pair of Van's shoes occasionally 5 10s

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
By the way the large seat tube is only 450mm long

FL
Posted: May 8, 2019 at 5:30 Quote
I too am 5'6" and am on a Large V4 Nomad CC, I have a 150mm drop magura vyron post and have the collar up about 15mm from the frame, using a WTB Volt 135mm saddle and 170 cranks.

Dan

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 18:42 Quote
177cm and ride a Large v4 with 185mm Revive Post 10mm out of seat tube.
Thats about its limit, when fully slammed the cable doesn't release properly and post stays disengaged.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.198947
Mobile Version of Website