Alternatives to stumpjumper EVO alloy 29

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Alternatives to stumpjumper EVO alloy 29
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 2:16 Quote
Hey everyone

I really like the stumjumper EVO alloy 29er (except the drivetrain). Problem is, that absolutely no Specialized dealer near-ish me either has one let allone would let me test ride one. The Specialized test events do not carry this bike either.

I was really liking the idea of a super slack 140mm travel bike but really want to test it first as i would like to have a bike that pedals at least as good as my Knolly Endorphin i'm running right now.

So can you guys point out some bikes with similar geometry as the Specialized that ideally do not break the bank?

Cheers, Reto

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
Calibre Sentry?

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 18:46 Quote
No other medium/big brands really make anything like the EVO. Is there a regular Stumpjumper around for you to try? Seeing as from the headtube back it's basically the same bike, if you're worried about the climbing.

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 2:10 Quote
seanondemand wrote:
No other medium/big brands really make anything like the EVO. Is there a regular Stumpjumper around for you to try? Seeing as from the headtube back it's basically the same bike, if you're worried about the climbing.
Thanks this is what I thought. Didn't word my first post too well. I don't really want to give up climbing efficiency, but i would like to try it just to see if i even like it as it is really different to the bikes im coming from.
Maybe i have a chance to test one in Whistler this summer...

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 2:36 Quote
get any 140mm 29er and get one of these

https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/slackerizer-angle-headset.htm

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 4:34 Quote
Civicowner wrote:
get any 140mm 29er and get one of these

https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/slackerizer-angle-headset.htm

Bad advice. You can’t get just any bike. Angle headsets do not work with bikes that come with IS headset from the manufacturer.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 6:17 Quote
Transition Sentinel

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
The regular travel stumpy + a 160mm fork up front in the slackest setting on the flip chip is a degree off (head angle wise) from the stumpy evo. That's what I'm running at least.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
xzyragon wrote:
The regular travel stumpy + a 160mm fork up front in the slackest setting on the flip chip is a degree off (head angle wise) from the stumpy evo. That's what I'm running at least.

How are you liking the 160?

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
eplanajr wrote:
xzyragon wrote:

How are you liking the 160?

i wouldn't have it any other way. Helps make up for my mess-ups out on the trail

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
Filters:
• Wheel size: 29"
• Rear travel: 135 mm - 145 mm
• HT°: less than 65°

Results:
Guerrilla Gravity Smash
Ibis Ripmo AF
Last Glen
Pole Bushmaster
Pole Evolink 140 29
Pole Evolink 140
Specialized Stumpjumper Evo 29
Stanton Switch9er FS
Terrain Control Crowbar
Transition Sentinel

EDIT: Dang it, this is an ancient thread. Oh well, maybe someone else has the same question.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
I put a Durolux on my Process 153. It now has a 64 degree head angle. I live it. Dont notice any drawbacks. Unfortunately due to circumstances, I'm about to put it for sale on here.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010479
Mobile Version of Website