April 2019 Bike Trip and Trails ready and melted!

PB Forum :: Canada - West
April 2019 Bike Trip and Trails ready and melted!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
With the recent warm temperatures I have started caring less and less about skiing.

With that being said, what trails in and around BC have melted enough to ride. I've heard Castlegar, but that is a bit south for what I am looking for as I currently live in Valemount. Hopefully I get some replies on this

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
skiboot1 wrote:
With the recent warm temperatures I have started caring less and less about skiing.

With that being said, what trails in and around BC have melted enough to ride. I've heard Castlegar, but that is a bit south for what I am looking for as I currently live in Valemount. Hopefully I get some replies on this

The coast/island are clear up to Squamish... doubt anything closer to you is clear yet but maybe soonish around Kamloops?

FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
gramboh wrote:
skiboot1 wrote:

The coast/island are clear up to Squamish... doubt anything closer to you is clear yet but maybe soonish around Kamloops?

Kamloops was looking pretty bare when I drove through there 2 weeks ago. That area will be ready to go pretty soon. I was pontificating on Kelowna, as well...

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
Good point, I just saw some pics from today in Kamloops and it looks dry not much snow around, could be rideable now? Maybe check trailforks.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 19:08 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Good point, I just saw some pics from today in Kamloops and it looks dry not much snow around, could be rideable now? Maybe check trailforks.

Just xc stuff is rideable. Batch is drying, dufferin is drying, the ranch is still muddy, and Pineview is still snow and ice. Harper is awhile away. Maybe Merritt for some decent riding?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009478
Mobile Version of Website