Would you pay $2000 for this bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Would you pay $2000 for this bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
I am going to buy this bike, was wondering if $2000 is worth it. Its from somewhere around 2012-2014. Full xtr, carbon enve wheels ect

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17001539/

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
Not worth it to me.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 16:17 Quote
Seriously? I would not even pay half that price!!! Can get a much better used bike for 2k and much newer than 5 to 7 years old.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
slayer2003 wrote:
Seriously? I would not even pay half that price!!! Can get a much better used bike for 2k and much newer than 5 to 7 years old.

I dont get it though. Envy xc 29 wheels with dt swiss 240 hubs are 1k plus on ebay alone

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
alexgergalo wrote:
slayer2003 wrote:

I dont get it though. Envy xc 29 wheels with dt swiss 240 hubs are 1k plus on ebay alone

My opinion, and I'm not alone, is that ENVE is way overhyped. Maybe ok in the case of your XC and/or road, but not worth it to me. There is a recent article here on pink bike that reviewed and bashed them pretty good too, but that is not for here. Also, the models of the ENVE and the price matters. If these are from 2014 to 2016 like you said that the bike is, then they may not be that great. Judging by your other post where you like to speak of riding nice things and touting enve and xtr sounds like you are just looking for low price on what you think is top stuff. Upon looking at the bike closer, I may have been too harsh. It may be worth around $1400 or so, but it is dated. You could go newer, more modern, with 1X drivetrain for the 2k range. You could get a 5k bike here 2 years old for 2k.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
i mean its not a bad deal. it would just be the age holding it back. your not going to find a xtr/240/enve anything 2016 or later for 2k so if its quality components your after, assuming it has been cared for well i think its not a bad buy.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
I’ve enduro and dh raced enve products for years and I’ll say that as they are good products they are overpriced. Don’t get sucked in by all the fancy carbon and shit that says enve on it. It isn’t a bad deal but at the same time I wouldn’t jump on it.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
Still too expensive due to age.

What specific model of ENVE are those? They are XC lightweight carbon rims with 5 seasons on them, think about that. Probablyb non-boost 29er with pinner 20mm inner diameter?

Old XTR 3x = not worth $ and heavy, old Fox 32 with crappy damper etc.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 16:17 Quote
gramboh wrote:

What specific model of ENVE are those? They are XC lightweight carbon rims with 5 seasons on them, think about that. Probablyb non-boost 29er with pinner 20mm inner diameter?

How does this bike go from being 9k new in 2014 to only being worth like 1k 5 years later blows my mind. Buying new bikes is the worst investment you can make on planet earth lol

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
You must be new hereBig Grin

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
Bought a bike for $3400 new last year and was only able to sell it for $1600 it’s a shit way to spend money haha!

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 5:26 Quote
alexgergalo wrote:
gramboh wrote:

How does this bike go from being 9k new in 2014 to only being worth like 1k 5 years later blows my mind. Buying new bikes is the worst investment you can make on planet earth lol

Your first issue is thinking a bike is an investment. It’s the opposite, you will always lose money when you sell, likely lose close to 50% after the first season or two depending on the brand. Did you add $3000 of components? Nobody cares, better off parting out the bike to make a better return.
Buy new, or used but in the end you probably losing money either way. This is a hobby not a financial investment.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
Lol this thread is funny

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.133825
Mobile Version of Website