Which fork should I choose for DH/Freeride?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Which fork should I choose for DH/Freeride?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
Im looking at 2 second hand forks that would fit my bike (1 1/8 steerer tube and 20mm axle), although I'm not sure which one I should go with. Here they are:

- 2008 Fox 36 VAN rc2 coil fork, very well maintained for $350

- 2011/2012 Rockshox Lyrik Solo air with Mission Control, well maintained for $325

I'm leaning a little towards the fox, despite it being older. The last coil fork I tried (my friends bike), was very plush and felt like it would hold up to some abuse. However in the long run, a newer fork may be handy if I need part replacements. Thanks!

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
the fox the fox will give you far supprior ride qulity

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
Strongly disagree. The Solo Air with Mission Control - especially the Mission Control DH - is a good fork. Far better than Fox's old dampers.

I had a 2010 or 2011 Lyrik RC2DH with Solo Air and Mission Control DH and rode numerous bikes with Fox forks before and after getting my Lyrik. It wasn't until the recent RockShox Charger2 and Fox Grip2 dampers that anything rode significantly better than that RC2DH.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
Always go for the Fox!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Strongly disagree. The Solo Air with Mission Control - especially the Mission Control DH - is a good fork. Far better than Fox's old dampers.

I had a 2010 or 2011 Lyrik RC2DH with Solo Air and Mission Control DH and rode numerous bikes with Fox forks before and after getting my Lyrik. It wasn't until the recent RockShox Charger2 and Fox Grip2 dampers that anything rode significantly better than that RC2DH.

im with this guy. Had a 2013 RC2DH Lyrik and it was on par with a modern fork after a little tinkering.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015599
Mobile Version of Website