Yari fork (internal components) upgrade

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Yari fork (internal components) upgrade
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
I have a 2016 Yari fork which I understand is a platform that's shared with other models. Am interested in upgrading the internal components but don't have a ton of expertise to know what the best options are for price/performance.

I see Rockshox has a Charger 2 damper upgrade kit as one option.
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blogs/worldwide-cyclery-blog/rockshox-charger2-damper-upgrade-kit-customer-review

I also see an air piston assembly by Vorsprung Luftkape
https://vorsprungsuspension.com/products/vorsprung-luftkappe-upgrade-air-piston-kit-for-rockshox-pike-lyrik

Are these best used together? Are either worth the money? What experience do folks on this thread have?

Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge!
-Pete

p.s. my quality filter is champagne taste on a beer budget : )

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
I've done the debonair air spring upgrade (similar to luftkappe), noticeably more supple, strongly advise for £40. Will be looking to do the charger rc2 damper upgrade in due course

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
the charger 2 damper is nice because it allows you to have adjustment of high and low speed compression. As for the debonair air spring, it's short money for how great it makes the fork feel. Like hstenner1 said, much more supple feel

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
Have Vorsprung Luftkape In my Yari. Like it. Better support mid travel.

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
Look into Avalanche custom dampers too as it's close to the price of a new RC2 damper.

Debonair air spring is a very bang for buck upgrade.
Luftkappe is great also.

Maybe consider going Luftkappe Smashpot coil conversion depending on what kind of riding you do?

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 21:58 Quote
Vorsprung Luftkappe is the best bang for the buck. I have used them in RS Yari, Fox36 and a RS Lyrik and the difference is amazing. (my bike and friends bikes I work on)
On my bike with the 2017 Yari, I use a Fast Suspension YARI UP cartridge in place of the RS Motion Control with the Luftkappe and it is very nice at a reasonable cost. The YARI UP has open bath dampening. Not an Avalalache quality, but very good considering the price. I would recommend it or the Avalanche cartridge over a charger 2 closed chamber damper.

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
The 2019 Debonair spring upgrade would be my 1st suggestion, the suppleness compared to pre 2019 is outstanding. Damping wise-I would save the cash and just keep running the motion control, yeah its no charger2 but its pretty good for a "budget" fork.
If you run tokens I have found the new airshaft to need less tokens than previous.
Have done quite a few of the airshaft upgrades and everyone has loved them.

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
Thanks all for your time and recommendations! Checking out options now. Cheers!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009748
Mobile Version of Website