seasons- recut comp

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
seasons- recut comp
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
Dmitri is bringing up some perfectly valid points and stating them incredibly well. I agree with you 100% Dmitri.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
Another thought, which of the winners counted as the best overall editing and which of the winners counted as the best overall mood/atmosphere as stated in the Judging category of the original rules?

"Judging will be carried out by members of The Collective Film's crew. The teaser will be reviewed by the film crew, producers, developers, sponsors and you, the participants.

Three videos will be chosen according to three different criteria - overall editing skills, mood/atmposphere, and viewers' choice."

I was just wondering. As obviously Ryys was the viewers choice, but it is unclear why the other videos were chosen...Because as I see it, neither of those other two winners fit either the mood/atmosphere category, nor the best overall editing category. These are just my thoughts.

Mod O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
demz wrote:
about 300: what about the copyright issues, because it did say use the raw material that is provided for the editing process of the teaser, which actually does not make any attempt in doing that...

The teaser is the same footage that was used by everyone else. Am I missing something?
Ok, there is a couple of seconds of standard film WB logo at the front, but that really has no impact on the teaser.
How then can you say it does not make any attempt at using the raw material?

What copyright issue? 300 has pretty much the same copyright problem as all the other videos that use non licensed music. Instead of just music with singing, the 300 teaser has music with talking. No difference....it's just a soundtrack from some source.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
Radek, I think he is talking about the footage stolen from the actual 300 movie type stuff. That's all protected under laws and such.

Mod O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
wileskws wrote:
I was just wondering. As obviously Ryys was the viewers choice, but it is unclear why the other videos were chosen...Because as I see it, neither of those other two winners fit either the mood/atmosphere category, nor the best overall editing category. These are just my thoughts.

Well, I think 300 shows off some great editing ability. Larock had great mood, feel and flow. Of course they both overlap.
This is a highly subjective matter, and you can't quantify it. Everyone is going to have a different opinion. Just look at the comments on the post. 300 is the best, larock is the best, ryys rules. It's highly subjective.
Based on the feedback from the collective crew, the riders,and others, and his opinion Jamie picked those 2 winners.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
dotca wrote:
Radek, I think he is talking about the footage stolen from the actual 300 movie type stuff. That's all protected under laws and such.
I'm not an expert at legal stuff, but I do believe copywrite issues only apply if I am selling the product and calling it my own. I am not selling this video nor am I calling the Warner Bros. Studio nor Virtual Studios my own, nor am I calling the "300" style my own. I really don't see a huge issue with it.

Mod O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
dotca wrote:

Case and Point. Because you guys actually think there is footage in that from 300, it is why the editing is so good. THERE IS NO footage from 300, except the WB logo which does not matter.
Watch it. It's all the raw footage that was provided, edited just that well.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
kpeek wrote:
dotca wrote:
I'm not an expert at legal stuff, but I do believe copywrite issues only apply if I am selling the product and calling it my own. I am not selling this video nor am I calling the Warner Bros. Studio nor Virtual Studios my own, nor am I calling the "300" style my own. I really don't see a huge issue with it.

Yeah, neither do I. But that's what the guy was talking about though I think. I'm pretty sure actually having the movie on your computer is a offence. Dumb, I know.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
radek wrote:
dotca wrote:

Case and Point. Because you guys actually think there is footage in that from 300, it is why the editing is so good. THERE IS NO footage from 300, except the logo which does not matter.
Watch it. It's all the raw footage that was provided, edited just that well.

I'm not complaing. I just said that's what I think the dimitri(sp?) meant.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
dotca wrote:
kpeek wrote:
dotca wrote:

Yeah, neither do I. But that's what the guy was talking about though I think. I'm pretty sure actually having the movie on your computer is a offence. Dumb, I know.

I don't have the movie on my computer. I have the trailer. That is totally legal.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
There you go, case closed. Good edit!

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
dotca wrote:
There you go, case closed. Good edit!
Smile

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
Well done matt was awesome Smile

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
In actual fact they should be thanking you, cos I never seen 300 before so thought I would take a look at what you were editing it around, looked so amazing that I went out and bought 300, not had the time to watch it but should be good, also I think that the collective should allow you to take all the footage and do a completely new version, well done again Smile

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
i have no problem with any of the choices. it's based on The Collective's opinion, not Pinkbike's. i agree that kpeek's 300 trailer stood out from the rest and that it had insanely good editing. i also agree that larock did a great job with his edit. it stood out and switched things up a bit from other recuts. if they got people talking, they must have been good. not saying everything else was bad, just saying bad recuts don't get people talking, and these two got people talking. i was hearing a lot about the 300 recut around my school.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012250
Mobile Version of Website