Ibis Ripmo or 2019 YT Jeffsy Pro Race?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ibis Ripmo or 2019 YT Jeffsy Pro Race?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
Does anyone have any experience riding both of these bikes or do you have any opinions on them? I'll mainly be riding All-mountain midwest rocky terrain where technical climbing is almost as important as descending, sending drops and jumps. I will also be riding a lot in Northwest Arkansas and will dabble in a few Enduro races this year for fun. It's more important for me to have a bike that is better balanced and not a 100% Enduro sled.

I'm thinking a size Large in both models would fit best. I'm 5'10" - 170lbs and a pretty aggressive rider with good fitness. I race XC also on a size large Santa Cruz Tallboy. The Tallboy has a pretty slack seat angle with a 450mm reach in a LG.

The geometry of these bikes is very similar but I can get a much better build kit from YT for the $5k price. I've ridden the Ripmo and loved it. I've not had a chance to ride the new Jeffsy yet.

Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 6:57 Quote
I live in NWA and ride a Ripmo. It's great. I've seen a few YT bikes out here but not many. Not sure if they're to hard to get or not right for the terrain. Lots of Trek, Specialized, Evil, Transition, Santa Cruz.

Despite the big reach numbers, the reach on the large actually feels a lot less than my large Santa Cruz 5010 v2. This is most likely due to the very steep seat tube angle of the Ripmo. I got to really feel dialed recently and noticed that my seat had actually slid all the way BACKWARDS to the front rail bend because my seat clamp was a bit loose. I recentered and it started blasting even better up climbs again. The bike seems to be sized for climbing position and light cruising position. When you're shredding, you put the seat all the way down (185 mm dropper on mine) and it's a whole different bike. If you like it long, you might think XL. I couldn't demo one and was afraid to commit to the XL sight-unseen. I'm pretty happy with my large. I'm 5'11" with a long torso. I do feel like I am able to get a lot more weight over my front wheel on the Ripmo than I did on my 5010. So maybe it all works right anyway.

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 16:36 Quote
You can get a NX Eagle Ripmo with carbon wheels and bars for $5067 and upgrade the parts that are a little heavy later. You can also order it with a longer stem if you need a little more room.
If you want a bike that climbs you will love the Ripmo. No issues going off drops the front wheel is way out there.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008163
Mobile Version of Website