Gaint Trance vs Giant Reign

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Gaint Trance vs Giant Reign
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
Hey guys,

I can get trade price on giant bikes right now so i'm going to take advantage. I'm living in london UK but want to get out on the bike as much as possible around the UK. I go pretty big in the bike parks and want to hit wales and what not. Worried a trance wont handle the big booters well enough and worried the reign wont be able to pedal XC trails when i want.

Also I will be riding Finale Ligure at least a couple times a year as my GF family has a place there.

I do have a DH bike as well but its stuck back in Canada at the moment. But for trips to whistler and such I will have the intense.

Who here sends it huge on a Trance?????

I know, I want too much out of one bike

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 15:32 Quote
I send it huge on a Trance

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
"I send it huge on a Trance"

f*ck ya thats what I like to hear haha.

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
Is the trance frame fairly burly?

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Is the trance frame fairly burly?

Yes, but only fairly

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
I've hit 20+ foot road gaps on my trance, it's one of the best built frames I've ever had. What spec are you looking at?

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
coolton wrote:
Hey guys,

I can get trade price on giant bikes right now so i'm going to take advantage. I'm living in london UK but want to get out on the bike as much as possible around the UK. I go pretty big in the bike parks and want to hit wales and what not. Worried a trance wont handle the big booters well enough and worried the reign wont be able to pedal XC trails when i want.

Also I will be riding Finale Ligure at least a couple times a year as my GF family has a place there.

I do have a DH bike as well but its stuck back in Canada at the moment. But for trips to whistler and such I will have the intense.

Who here sends it huge on a Trance?????

I know, I want too much out of one bike

Reign is your choice if bike parks and big jumps are your thing. You also get 36mm forks and similar stuff on Reigns, frame is more robust, generally Reign is more suitable for parks than Trance. Lets say that Reign is safe choice, Trance will be pushed to limit (or maybe over) if going big and casing it.... :-)

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
The two bikes are completely different. I look at the trance as being a cross country bike that can do more. The reign is a full on enduro bike so if you’re riding parks and going big you will feel safer and be more confident on the reign definitely. I had the same question a couple years ago and ended up with a reign. If you’re doing anything more than all mountain then you should be looking for a reign no questions asked.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
Hey guys. Thanks for the responses! One of the reasons I’m getting pulled to the trance is I can get a great deal on the 17 advanced 0 and it’s so light and fun to ride around. Where as the reign feels very slack. I’d be looking at a 2017 trance advanced 0 and a 2018 advanced 1 reign. I know the reign would obviously be better in the park but I just don’t think I’d enjoy all mountain trails near as much

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
The problem is I do like to throw down at the bike park and don’t shy away from the biggest lines and usually am capable to hit the biggest features

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 7:33 Quote
I myself own a trance and a dh bike. As long as you have smoothish line choices the trance had handled everything my big bike can. It does beat you up more, and is less forgiving if you miss, but it has no problem with big hits and high speed

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 14:55 Quote
Yes! I was mostly worried about the big hits as I don’t mind maneuvering around some of the heavy rock gardens and such. But I don’t want to feel nervous through the big jump lines.

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
Honestly think the trance is for me. I appreciate everyone’s opinion!!!

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 6:02 Quote
Which did you get ? Just interested as I have both the 17 Trance and 18 Reign. I love them both but the Reign holds a line and really tracks better. Tbh I'd probably go 18 Reign if I had to have one bike.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007535
Mobile Version of Website