EWS Discussion

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Thread for EWS news, fantasy team selection and discussion, race results etc.

Anyways, Martin Maes, Fantasy Teams, Keegan Wright. So much news

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
Seems like Maes will be sticking to EWS this year, given how his season is shaping up. Would be interesting to see him lining up for a WCDH round though!

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
Women's field is crazy! First ever EWS podiums for Kintner and Fry?

FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 1:02 Quote
Circe wrote:
Women's field is crazy! First ever EWS podiums for Kintner and Fry?

I don't really know either of them. Going to have to research.

riish wrote:
Seems like Maes will be sticking to EWS this year, given how his season is shaping up. Would be interesting to see him lining up for a WCDH round though!

It's hard to see him not winning the overall at this rate. He's just unbelievable.

How did you guys do in the fantasy Enduro?

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
Where do you find research on EWS lines ups? This is my first go at EWS fantasy and I'm having a hell of a time trying to find info on who's racing on specific weekends and who's hurt or anything really. Any good resources would be really helpful.

FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
mississippiblue wrote:
Where do you find research on EWS lines ups? This is my first go at EWS fantasy and I'm having a hell of a time trying to find info on who's racing on specific weekends and who's hurt or anything really. Any good resources would be really helpful.

I go on the EWS event page and try to find the start list - then I check all of my team's Instagrams to confirm they're actually in the right country, practicing, not injured etc

I did pretty good this round with 2145 points.

Would have done a lot better if I had anticipated Jill Kintner or Rowena Fry.

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
I forgot to change my team around from Rotorua, but ended up on ~1750.

I was hoping to see Sam Hill come out strong on (almost) home soil though.

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 23:09 Quote
RIGHT!? who would have seen Fry kicking butt? I don't have instagram, so EWS event page is my go to now. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated

FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 1:22 Quote
riish wrote:
I forgot to change my team around from Rotorua, but ended up on ~1750.

I was hoping to see Sam Hill come out strong on (almost) home soil though.

Pretty good considering you forgot to change.

I had Sam Hill in round 1. Apparently he's been ill and that's why he's off the pace? My Instagram stalking let me down with that.

Fry is a Tasmania local I think? I didn't spot that before, but makes sense she's had a good round.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 5:06 Quote
Glad I swapped Miranda Miller and Jill Kinter for Derby, unfortunately the other female on my team was Katy Winton...

Does anyone think Sam Hill is going to come back fighting in Maderia? Or is Martin Maes going to be the man for 2019? (I've provisionally gone Hill -> Maes in my team).

FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 5:16 Quote
lewiscraik wrote:
Glad I swapped Miranda Miller and Jill Kinter for Derby, unfortunately the other female on my team was Katy Winton...

Does anyone think Sam Hill is going to come back fighting in Maderia? Or is Martin Maes going to be the man for 2019? (I've provisionally gone Hill -> Maes in my team).

Kintner in for Miller was a hell of a trade.

I would expect Sam Hill to return to form for Maderia, once he's recovered. But Hill is quite a lot more expensive than Maes in the Fantasy League. Maes has the form and the momentum at the moment, which means a lot in mountain biking, I think I'm going to stick with Maes personally.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
tom666 wrote:
I would expect Sam Hill to return to form for Maderia, once he's recovered. But Hill is quite a lot more expensive than Maes in the Fantasy League. Maes has the form and the momentum at the moment, which means a lot in mountain biking, I think I'm going to stick with Maes personally.

Yes, I'm also going to stick with Maes, and spend the money elsewhere.

FL
Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
lewiscraik wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Yes, I'm also going to stick with Maes, and spend the money elsewhere.

Definitely.

Fairplay to Fry for her performance in rd 2 - but I can't help but think she won't be able to repeat it elsewhere? She just had a strong advantage because she was racing on her home trails.

Jill Kintner though - she's really promising. I don't think she's racing Madeira, but she is going to be racing Northstar and Whistler.

Who do you guys think will punch above their weight in Madeira?

I'm going to look into who has had results there before, who has raced the trans Madeira and/or been out there on holiday.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 1:10 Quote
I'm trying to figure out who will be riding. Noticed that the top people picked locals and I had Anneke Beerten & Sam Dale who didn't even ride.

When do we know the full start list?

FL
Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 3:07 Quote
Shieldsy94 wrote:
I'm trying to figure out who will be riding. Noticed that the top people picked locals and I had Anneke Beerten & Sam Dale who didn't even ride.

When do we know the full start list?

On the EWS website there's normally a feature "participating riders" but this isn't always accurate. For example Cecile Ravanel and Jill Kintner are listed as participating riders for Madeira but i don't think they're actually racing.

They normally publish a start list closer to the time (week of the event) under the schedule and race documents section - and that's what you should pay attention to. That's normally right.

https://www.enduroworldseries.com/race/ews-round-3/ews-powered-by-freeride-madeira/201878/

Then stalk instagrams to try and confirm the person is actually in the country and practicing.

Picking locals seems to be a big thing. I'll definitely go for Yoann Barelli for EWS Whistler, living in Whistler has got to make a hell of a difference. I think he was unlucky to only get 5th last year.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011456
Mobile Version of Website