Commencal Furious vs. Banshee Darkside

PB Forum :: Downhill
Commencal Furious vs. Banshee Darkside
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
After quite a bit of research I'm stuck between the Furious and the Darkside. Looking for a fun, playful, bike park bike. I don't race so I'm not looking to shave seconds or anything like that, just looking for something poppy and fun for lapping the park. I'm also torn on sizing, I'm 5'4, roughly 150lbs. According to the Furious sizing chart, I should definitely be on a small, but I've heard mixed reviews of them feeling really small. I'm coming off a Medium Reign SX. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
yzedf wrote:
What year SX?

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
I am 5'10" and have a Medium Furious. I love the bike bike and is great in the bike park. But they do run small. I could have gone with a size large. Once you get a few rides under your belt you will forget about the size. Hope that helps

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
thechadd3 wrote:
yzedf wrote:
What year SX?

Nice, I've got the same!

If you're happy with the playful nature of the SX I'd go for similar reach to wheelbase ratio.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 21:18 Quote
Ironically I have a medium and large furious. I’m 5’9 and have a damn tough time deciding which I like better (large is my brothers now, so I guess that answers which I prefer) I’d go with a medium though - you can always get a shorter stem. If you do go with the furious, just make sure you invest in the essential. The base model just doesn’t cut it!!

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 6:37 Quote
I'm 5'9" and I have a medium furious. I think it fits me perfectly! Super fun bike but it's still a fast bike and I plan to race on it a few times this year.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010853
Mobile Version of Website