Fox 36 grip2 light rider setup

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox 36 grip2 light rider setup
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
Hi, i have got a fox 36 grip2 160mm on my Intense tracer. I currently have it setup close to the fox recommended settings, although with less compression and faster rebound. Still the fork feels quite harsh and somewhat "wooden" When riding down fireroad descents it seems like the fork sags around 30% and does not react to any bumps. I have tried tinkering a bit, but could never really find anything that blew me away. Does anyone have any experience/tips for setting up this fork for a lighter rider?

Here are my settings:

For reference i weigh 63-ish kilos fully kitted. and ride mostly short, steep and rough descents. I haven't done any huge drops lately, but i seem to use about 80% of the travel at most on some descents.

No volume spacers
58psi
From closed:
6 clicks LSC
14 clicks HSC
12 clicks LSR
8 clicks HSR

I have heard from some that the negative side of the air piston might be filled with grease leading to poor sensitivity, although i haven't gotten around to pulling the lowers yet. The fork feels extremely sensitive when testing in the carpark.

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
Erlendking wrote:
Hi, i have got a fox 36 grip2 160mm on my Intense tracer. I currently have it setup close to the fox recommended settings, although with less compression and faster rebound. Still the fork feels quite harsh and somewhat "wooden" When riding down fireroad descents it seems like the fork sags around 30% and does not react to any bumps. I have tried tinkering a bit, but could never really find anything that blew me away. Does anyone have any experience/tips for setting up this fork for a lighter rider?

Here are my settings:

For reference i weigh 63-ish kilos fully kitted. and ride mostly short, steep and rough descents. I haven't done any huge drops lately, but i seem to use about 80% of the travel at most on some descents.

No volume spacers
58psi
From closed:
6 clicks LSC
14 clicks HSC
12 clicks LSR
8 clicks HSR

I have heard from some that the negative side of the air piston might be filled with grease leading to poor sensitivity, although i haven't gotten around to pulling the lowers yet. The fork feels extremely sensitive when testing in the carpark.

I am 160lbs and dont run any compression unless I get on a really steep trail. Then I add 2 or 3 off low speed and 1 or 2 of high. The way i keep it from diving normally is lots of volume reducers. If you dont need compression to keep it from diving then dont use it. Then rebound is wherever it feels good at the pressure you have in it.

O+ FL
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
The Lost Co. did a fantastic video about the Grip 2 on YouTube. It's definitely worth checking out.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
how much do you weigh i am also a light rider only 115lb my fork feels great much better then my rc2

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
yeti1977 wrote:
how much do you weigh i am also a light rider only 115lb my fork feels great much better then my rc2

I weigh about 140 lbs kitted, i have since this post found a setup that is pretty damn good, but i am going to try dropping my pressure and adding a few volume spacers

Here are my current settings:
1 token
80 psi
7lsr
7hsr
10hsc
8lsc
all from closed

Erlend

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 3:28 Quote
I am 156lbs on a 180mm grip 2.
0 spacers @ 65psi
HSC 15/LSC 10
HSR 6/LSR 6

I too am curious how much grease is sitting in the air spring, but my fork is only a few months old so I've been waiting to do a service.

If I were you I would suggest trying this.
0 tokens 62 psi
HSC 14/LSC 10
HSR 8/LSR 8

Get more support from the spring, rely less on compression to hold the fork up. Don't set your rebound so wildly different. In my experience with the grip 2, setting rebound more than 2 clicks away from eachother makes the fork feel confused and unpredictable. Your LSR is wide open, and that doesn't allow the HSR valve work like it should. Start at 8 clicks on both rebounds, adjust them both equally from there at first, and then experiment with a click or 2 on each adjuster.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024140
Mobile Version of Website