Marin San Quentin

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Marin San Quentin
Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
Mcfc1884 wrote:
Hi fellas, I'm after a san quentin 3 in the 2019 colours and it seems like they've all fell into a huge black hole! Can anyone here she'd some light on where these have gone or where I can find one

We have a frame set in large for sale. DM me if interested. We are about to build it up.

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 10:39 Quote
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
My marin san quentin 3 i am almost finished building. I have it at the shop getting a fox transfer post internally routed.
(My main bike is the nukeproof scout)

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
PDX050 wrote:
What size tires are people running on theirs? I want to see if anyone has successfully fit a 2.8” tire. Manufacturer says it’ll fit a 2.6” but I wanted to see if anyone has pushed that limit. Thanks!
I'm running 2.8 rekon+'s on mine with a 35mm rim

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 0:12 Quote
I'm finding the stack height and bars on my SQ3 are so low that to put my brake levers where I want them they strike the top tube.

I've seen a few comments online about low stack height off the rack. How many people have swapped out the bars straight away for 2.5/3" risers?

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
mrdestructo wrote:
I'm finding the stack height and bars on my SQ3 are so low that to put my brake levers where I want them they strike the top tube.

I've seen a few comments online about low stack height off the rack. How many people have swapped out the bars straight away for 2.5/3" risers?

I had that happen with my dropper post lever, riser bars will do it.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
Has anybody put a 160mm fork on their San Quentin? I’m really tempted but I don’t want to risk making the bike ride terrible.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
Harry1423 wrote:
Has anybody put a 160mm fork on their San Quentin? I’m really tempted but I don’t want to risk making the bike ride terrible.
Yes i did. I have pictures of it up above. It's quite over kill. 150 would be perfect imo. I have a 160 on my nukeproof so it would identically compare to a san quentin with a 150

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 23:58 Quote
Finally got some new rubber for my San Quentin!! Didn’t go quite as big as I thought I was going to but I’m super excited to see how it feels on the trail. Got assagai 2.5”wt on front with a dhr2 2.4 wt on the rear Smile

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 21:00 Quote
PDX050 wrote:
Finally got some new rubber for my San Quentin!! Didn’t go quite as big as I thought I was going to but I’m super excited to see how it feels on the trail. Got assagai 2.5”wt on front with a dhr2 2.4 wt on the rear Smile
Great combo. I have a DHF DHR 2.6 combo

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
I changed the travel on my revelation to 150 and it’s perfect. Put a 50mm Spank Vibracore race riser on it and a 40mm orange stem. I ordered some Race Face Arc30 rims with Hope Pro 4 orange hubs but I’m still at least a few weeks out on them finishing the wheel build.

Mine is a size XL not sure how to post a picture in here now, there used to be a upload button.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:55 Quote
I Think I figured it out... anyway here it is without the new wheels and the orange lockjaw clamps haven’t come in yet for my grips. These are the wheels I ordered for it.

Marin San Quentin 3
Marin San Quentin 3
photo
Marin San Quentin 3

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
ctrail wrote:
I Think I figured it out... anyway here it is without the new wheels and the orange lockjaw clamps haven’t come in yet for my grips. These are the wheels I ordered for it.

Marin San Quentin 3
Marin San Quentin 3
photo
Marin San Quentin 3
Dang nice choice on the wheels

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 12:25 Quote
AeroPrixma wrote:
ctrail wrote:

Dang nice choice on the wheels
Thanks! Can’t wait for them to come in....

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
What dropper did you put on? Im having a problem trying to find one, but i might just be that dumb. Also what are the specs on those RF wheels? Im looking to upgrade the wheels on my San Quentin 1, and i have no clue what size hub for the rear.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 21:07 Quote
Mcmuffinator wrote:
What dropper did you put on? Im having a problem trying to find one, but i might just be that dumb. Also what are the specs on those RF wheels? Im looking to upgrade the wheels on my San Quentin 1, and i have no clue what size hub for the rear.
It's a 141mm Width Quick release hub

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026951
Mobile Version of Website