New Diamondback Mission Carbon!

PB Forum :: Diamondback
New Diamondback Mission Carbon!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
Guys,

Diamondback is releasing the new Mission! Only available in carbon supposedly and there is 2 models. Also only has 3 sizes which is odd but it'll fit me Big Grin lol

What do you guys think?!
https://www.bikemag.com/gear/mountain-bikes/diamondback-introduces-mission-carbon/

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 20:23 Quote
I saw this. I have a ‘17 Mission Pro that I’ve been very happy with. I wish the Mission came in a 29er. I’d be very interested in it. One thing I’m disappointed in the new Mission 2 is the front fork. It’s just a base model Fox Float with factory stickers on it. I wish it was a performance elite like the shock.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
What's up with DB slapping on the cheaper NX 11-50t cassette and Shimano HG freehub on the Mission 2c? The website description for the Mission 2c says "SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain" which is not true. If you're gonna slap on a NX cassette, it's not a true X01 drivetrain! Spoke to a DB customer service rep today and they confirmed the bike is spec'd with NX cassette! So disappointing!!! The NX Eagle 11-50t cassette has 454% gear range....unlike 10-50t GX, X01, XX1 which has 500% gear range. You would also need to buy a new rear wheel with Shimano Microspline freehub if you wanted to upgrade to the new Shimano 12-spd.

YT and Commencal have better spec'd bikes near $5000 price point.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 19:12 Quote
neugin7 wrote:
What's up with DB slapping on the cheaper NX 11-50t cassette and Shimano HG freehub on the Mission 2c? The website description for the Mission 2c says "SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain" which is not true. If you're gonna slap on a NX cassette, it's not a true X01 drivetrain! Spoke to a DB customer service rep today and they confirmed the bike is spec'd with NX cassette! So disappointing!!! The NX Eagle 11-50t cassette has 454% gear range....unlike 10-50t GX, X01, XX1 which has 500% gear range. You would also need to buy a new rear wheel with Shimano Microspline freehub if you wanted to upgrade to the new Shimano 12-spd.

YT and Commencal have better spec'd bikes near $5000 price point.

Yeah, I feel DB used to offer tremendous value in their bikes. For 5k they aren’t much different than other bike shop brands.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007956
Mobile Version of Website