Bike Parks recommendations upstate NY June 2-9

PB Forum :: USA - East
Bike Parks recommendations upstate NY June 2-9
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
I'll be in Saratoga Springs NY from Sunday June 2 through Sunday June 9. I'm thinking of bringing my 2019 YT Jeffsy and riding some bike parks or trails in the Northeast area. I don't have a full week to ride, maybe two or three full days and I'd like to keep everything within a 2.5 hour drive from Saratoga Springs. The bike parks I have been looking at are:

Mountain Creek (2hr 45min drive)
Whiteface (2hr drive)
Killington (2hr drive)
Gore (1hr drive)

I will likely hit only two of these bike parks, are they all good? Any of them must do's? Is there a good chance they will all be open by June 2?

I would consider taking a day to do some trail riding if there are must do trails in the area but for now I'm leaning towards just visiting two bike parks.

For reference I am coming from Colorado.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
For me, the most must-ride spot in the NE is Highland Bike Park, in NH; but that breaks the drive time at 3 hours and 45 minutes from Saratoga Springs. I grew up in central NY, with my family still living there, and Mountain Creek and the Whiteface Mountain / Lake Placid are always on my agenda when I head home. Lake Placid also has the advantage of having some fun trail systems in the area, as well, if you don't feel like doing a lift pass. I've also heard good things about the trails at Saranac Lake, but have yet to check them out...maybe this summer.

Another park that I haven't been to, but want to check out, is Thunder Mountain, in NW Massachusetts. That looks to be just under a two hour drive from the Springs.

Can't speak for when any of these will open this year, as I heard the CNY area just received a wee bit more snow, but I know I've ridden Mountain Creek around late May - early June in the past.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
mischiefbruise wrote:
For me, the most must-ride spot in the NE is Highland Bike Park, in NH; but that breaks the drive time at 3 hours and 45 minutes from Saratoga Springs. I grew up in central NY, with my family still living there, and Mountain Creek and the Whiteface Mountain / Lake Placid are always on my agenda when I head home. Lake Placid also has the advantage of having some fun trail systems in the area, as well, if you don't feel like doing a lift pass. I've also heard good things about the trails at Saranac Lake, but have yet to check them out...maybe this summer.

Another park that I haven't been to, but want to check out, is Thunder Mountain, in NW Massachusetts. That looks to be just under a two hour drive from the Springs.

Can't speak for when any of these will open this year, as I heard the CNY area just received a wee bit more snow, but I know I've ridden Mountain Creek around late May - early June in the past.

Thanks for the info. But, I realized that early in the season the bike parks are only open on the weekends. I was hoping to ride during the week :/

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
MC is usually open Fridays that time of the year. Great park...…..I would also do Killington and Thunder. Not sure when Killington opens though. Can't go wrong with any of them.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 18:40 Quote
There is great trails right in Saratoga and surrounding areas. The nearest bike park would be Thunder mountain which is very good and super fun. Get in touch with me then and I’ll show you around. You ll want a guide for the local trails. Signage and mapping is way off. I love showing folks how great our trails are. Message me for my number. George

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007819
Mobile Version of Website