PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson V3 with 180mm fork for Whistler bike park
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
bigquotes
Santa Cruz Bronson
I am currently conflicted between what type of bike to get, preferably a Santa Cruz. I live in Colorado and I do a lot of park riding with my DH bike but I’ve been looking at enduro bikes for the versatility also I feel like the DH bike may be Too much bike for some of the trails I ride. I’m thinking about getting a Nomad, Megatower or Bronson. This summer I plan on taking a trip to whistler with one of those bikes. The Bronson is highest on my list of bikes to get but im concerned it won’t be able to take the big hits, I’m a pretty experienced rider and I ride a lot of flow trails with bigger jumps. So I am wondering could I fit a 170mm or 180mm fork on a Santa Cruz Bronson V3, I know that it would slacken the Head Tube which I would want. I know you can fit up to 180mm on the megatower but it seems like more of a 29er race bike. I would like to convert the Bronson from an aggressive trail to more of an playful enduro freeride bike.
photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
Dpels wrote:
bigquotes
Santa Cruz Bronson
I am currently conflicted between what type of bike to get, preferably a Santa Cruz. I live in Colorado and I do a lot of park riding with my DH bike but I’ve been looking at enduro bikes for the versatility also I feel like the DH bike may be Too much bike for some of the trails I ride. I’m thinking about getting a Nomad, Megatower or Bronson. This summer I plan on taking a trip to whistler with one of those bikes. The Bronson is highest on my list of bikes to get but im concerned it won’t be able to take the big hits, I’m a pretty experienced rider and I ride a lot of flow trails with bigger jumps. So I am wondering could I fit a 170mm or 180mm fork on a Santa Cruz Bronson V3, I know that it would slacken the Head Tube which I would want. I know you can fit up to 180mm on the megatower but it seems like more of a 29er race bike. I would like to convert the Bronson from an aggressive trail to more of an playful enduro freeride bike.
photo

you have basically described the nomad , so go for that , I have a nomad v4 with a 180mm fork for whistler and DH days at home and have just built a Bronson v3 with 160mm forks for everything else , putting a 180mm fork in a Bronson would be total overkill , test ride a nomad and get the size that allows it to be more playful for you

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
The Nomad is a beast, but it will handle big hits without a problem. I love my Bronson, and I would probably look at adjusting the suspension to be a little stiffer and more progressive if I thought I needed it for Whistler. Have fun either way!

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
I am in the same boat dude. I’ve been dealing with this choosing battle for the past two months and am still undecided. Currently leaning towards the Bronson. I feel the Bronson with 170 up front would be a legit setup. I prefer the aesthetics of the Bronson over the Nomad as well. Now that the Megatower is available...this should really be the bike that would fit my riding style when purely looking at the travel numbers, but I can’t get over the fact of making the jump up to a 29er.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
Check out the new DB Mission. It's almost exactly what you described. Legit super enduro.

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
Hey guys

Ok so me and a mate test rode the new Bronson and Nomad together awhile back.

I fell, hook line and sinker for the Bronson. LOVED the slightly shorter travel (we both ride, race xc, DH and enduro) so playful, poppy and the rear end feels bottomless.

My mate on the other hand went for the Nomad, as he’s not quite as confident as myself, and the longer travel is a safer bet for him when it gets rough and crazy.

I ended going for the Bronson Alu with a 170 Yari fork with the luffkappe upgrade, and Shimano because I like gears that work????

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
hi I'm wondering how would a 170mm fork work on a bronson v3 with the cascade components LT link that bumps the rear travel up to 160 would this balance it out? has anyone run it? stock its 150 160 so in theory 160 170 would work right? the cascade components lt link lowers the bb by 2.5mm would a 170 mm fork mess with the geometry?

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 17:02 Quote
jackg26 wrote:
hi I'm wondering how would a 170mm fork work on a bronson v3 with the cascade components LT link that bumps the rear travel up to 160 would this balance it out? has anyone run it? stock its 150 160 so in theory 160 170 would work right? the cascade components lt link lowers the bb by 2.5mm would a 170 mm fork mess with the geometry?
This is what I'm running.
I live on then North Shore, and I'm very happy.
I have a 170mm Yari on the front, stock Rockshox on the back.
If you're that sensitive to the changes in geometry you're more in tune with your bike than me - hugs the ground, climbs the single track just fine, but retains the 27.5 fun factor in spades.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012465
Mobile Version of Website