Not a beginner but looking for hardtail advice

PB Forum :: Beginners
Not a beginner but looking for hardtail advice
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
I am looking for advice on what hardtail to get. I have my Kona process for trail and enduro riding when needed but I am kinda looking for a hardtail I can ride to work or long 70 mile canal runs, but also able to be taking on forest tracks for alternative day outs. I used to use my cube stereo hpa 120 but I got rid as was a little heavy being a full sus.

I have been looking at the Vitus Nucleus VR sitting at £500 new, is this pretty much my go to or are there others that I am overlooking,

Just curious and trying to get a general feel as there are soo many bikes out there these days to choose from.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
kevinglasgow38 wrote:
I am looking for advice on what hardtail to get. I have my Kona process for trail and enduro riding when needed but I am kinda looking for a hardtail I can ride to work or long 70 mile canal runs, but also able to be taking on forest tracks for alternative day outs. I used to use my cube stereo hpa 120 but I got rid as was a little heavy being a full sus.

I have been looking at the Vitus Nucleus VR sitting at £500 new, is this pretty much my go to or are there others that I am overlooking,

Just curious and trying to get a general feel as there are soo many bikes out there these days to choose from.

Thanks in advance

I have a vitus ht. I think for that amount of money, you would be hard pressed to find a better bike

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
kevinglasgow38 wrote:

Thanks in advance

I have a vitus ht. I think for that amount of money, you would be hard pressed to find a better bike

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I know it has a more aggressive geometry, just wasn't sure if it was right for daily commute and longer runs.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 4:24 Quote
I use my Vitus Nucleus for commuting.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
lewiscraik wrote:

Pulled the trigger on a Nucleus VR 29, got it for £430 on Wiggle, hard to argue with that price if i'm honest Smile

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
On wiggle and Chain Reaction the Vitus Nucleus has been sold out for a little while except for the XL size.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
Naolin wrote:
On wiggle and Chain Reaction the Vitus Nucleus has been sold out for a little while except for the XL size.

The 27.5 frames have been sold out, but the 29er still had frames available and that suited me better for the commuting and long distance runs, Still got my Kona for trail/enduro riding Smile

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 16:59 Quote
kevinglasgow38 wrote:
lewiscraik wrote:

Pulled the trigger on a Nucleus VR 29, got it for £430 on Wiggle, hard to argue with that price if i'm honest Smile

Congratz..Welcome to the Vitus club.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019500
Mobile Version of Website