Looking for more modern geo on a budget

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Looking for more modern geo on a budget
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
me2menow wrote:
joelunchbucket wrote:
me2menow wrote:
Sell that reign dude. I had one, it's garbage compared to every bike I've ridden since.

Lol uh, a little late for that. This is already a huge upgrade for me, and it presented itself on classifieds at the right moment, so I'm gonna stick with it and get better at riding for the time being.

What was wrong with the Reign exactly?

That being said, I do want a less burly bike in the future. My gf has an old stumpy (2011 i think, 26") and it's impossibly light and nimble by comparison. Just feels sketchy at speed bc of the long stem.
Oh didnt realize. I was talking about the 2010. Havent ridden a 2015.

Yay, everyone is right! The 2010 would've been a terrible purchase, but the 2015 still compares passably well to current bikes.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
R-M-R wrote:

Yay, everyone is right! The 2010 would've been a terrible purchase, but the 2015 still compares passably well to current bikes.

Shhhhh, I still need to sell it now! If someone wanted big travel on a budget ($1000-ish), it wouldn't be the worst choice.

But yes, the 2015 is a big upgrade, and definitely big value at the $1600 I picked it up for.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
joelunchbucket wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Shhhhh, I still need to sell it now! If someone wanted big travel on a budget ($1000-ish), it wouldn't be the worst choice.

But yes, the 2015 is a big upgrade, and definitely big value at the $1600 I picked it up for.

Throw it up on the classifieds. I am sure you can get something for it. Depending on the components i'd say up to $1000.

Good luck and enjoy the Reign! It's a good bike. And if you have any DH parks near you it's even better!

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
[Quote="joelunchbucket"]
R-M-R wrote:

Shhhhh, I still need to sell it now! If someone wanted big travel on a budget ($1000-ish), it wouldn't be the worst choice./Quote]

Yes, your old Reign is fine for an infrequent or casual rider. I was just agreeing with me2menow's interpretation that a 2010 Reign wasn't the best choice for your new bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030045
Mobile Version of Website