Sram code r,are they any good?

PB Forum :: SRAM
Sram code r,are they any good?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 22:49 Quote
Have shimano deore brakes on my kona process and am wanting to upgrade looking at some sram code r brakes,second hand new with 203mm rotors what's peoples opinions on them.was kinda after shimano xt brakes

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 23:39 Quote
Konarider134 wrote:
Have shimano deore brakes on my kona process and am wanting to upgrade looking at some sram code r brakes,second hand new with 203mm rotors what's peoples opinions on them.was kinda after shimano xt brakes

Great brakes for the price. Good power, good feel. You're probably getting a particularly good deal if they're new via private sale.

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 0:34 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Konarider134 wrote:

Great brakes for the price. Good power, good feel. You're probably getting a particularly good deal if they're new via private sale.

Thanks for your feed back yea think I'm getting a good deal just I have heard few good and bad things about them

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 0:53 Quote
Konarider134 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
Konarider134 wrote:

Thanks for your feed back yea think I'm getting a good deal just I have heard few good and bad things about them

They get mentioned quite frequently in bike tests.

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 1:35 Quote
I fitted the Code RSC's (which are pretty much the R's with more adjustability as I understand it) not long ago, they're banging.
Brand new R's come up for sale privately quite a lot as they're supplied stock on plenty of DH bikes and guys want to swap them straight out for RSC's, Saints, MT7's etc. Some real bargains to be had.

O+ FL
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 7:46 Quote
I have Code R's front and back on my Meta AM 4.2 and they work great! The stopping power is always there which is nice considering I'm not small and my bike is on the chunky side

FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
yonny10 wrote:
I fitted the Code RSC's (which are pretty much the R's with more adjustability as I understand it) not long ago, they're banging.
Brand new R's come up for sale privately quite a lot as they're supplied stock on plenty of DH bikes and guys want to swap them straight out for RSC's, Saints, MT7's etc. Some real bargains to be had.

The RSCs are quite a bit better though, as they use Swinglink rather than Directlink, and they also have contact point adjust, so the bit point is consistent as the pads wear.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 21:56 Quote
I have had 2 pairs of code R’s.Have had no issues with either pair. Not quite as nice as the RSC’s, but are a good brakeset.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009419
Mobile Version of Website