New Bike (Which Size and Which Bike) HELP!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
New Bike (Which Size and Which Bike) HELP!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
Hey guys, I’m currently in the market for a 2017-2018 mountain bike and I have some questions. I currently sit at around 5’9” at around 190-192 pounds. (Short Italian guy) I’ve had a 2016 Diamond Back Sortie 29er and my most recent bike was a 2018 Marin Hawk Hill 27.5. I have always ridden medium frames but the Hawk Hill for some reason felt small as did the Sortie. I am at that height where I could go either Medium or Large but haven’t owned a Large. I am curious what recommendations everyone might have for me?

I am not sure which bike I will be going with for my next purchase. I currently do not have a bike but I’m looking to spend a maximum amount of $2,000 and I’m looking for a full suspension. I was also curious what recommendations you would have in this price point. I’m looking for a bike I can keep that actually fits me, and is an all around great value that will last. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
Regarding size: Ignore the nominal size and look at the geometry, especially "reach". Think of how a Korean size Large shirt is an American size Small. Ignore the letter on the tag.

Difficult to give a specific recommendation. My defaults for a high-value option are the 2019 Norco Fluid and most of Marin's product families.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
Whyte and Commencal have good bikes for the money especially used whytes, as they can be found with good RockShox components for like 1800 usd

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007368
Mobile Version of Website