The Firebird 29er thread

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
The Firebird 29er thread
O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
Starting a thread for all Pivot Firebird 29 owners out there...

Post your bikes!
Ask questions!
Share the stoke!

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
Test rode on a while back, I have a Mach 5.5 right not but just ordered a 29er bird yesterday (and a Focus e-bike....).
Been wanting one of these for a long time and very excited to finally have one on the way in time for park season!

Anything I should know off the bat?

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
Just put some loc tite on the upper shock mounting hardware. It came loose on mine twice in two rides. Crank spacing can be a little tricky if you are putting it together yourself.

Shock and fork settings on Pivot's website were pretty spot on for me. I added a little pressure to stay higher in the travel.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
I have nearly 200 miles on my Firebird already and no issues so far. I agree with snake, you should check all bolts if coming pre-assembled. My only gripe is Pivots carbon handlebars + grips combo are pretty harsh on the hands and forearms. I'll be switching back to my usual setup soon though, ODI Elite grips and OneUp carbon bar.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 7:07 Quote
photo
Here's my Firebird so far...upgraded to i9 Enduro 305 wheelset with Hydra hubs. More small upgrades to come, but honestly this bike is soooo good it doesn't need it!

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
Got her put together on Tuesday night, thank you for the tips guys!!
Only a couple quick rides so far, but I'm liking it more each time I ride it. I've had a lot of bikes in this last year and I think this is going to be at the top in a lot of categories for the type of riding I do. Very comfortable bike.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
Hell yeah! Almost got the tan/orange but opted for the blue instead. Rad bike!

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
Just got mine. XO1 Pro build. The chain is rubbing the chainstay in low gear. Any ideas? I feel like the spacer on the BB is incorrect pushing the chain ring out too far.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
Cooter32 wrote:
Just got mine. XO1 Pro build. The chain is rubbing the chainstay in low gear. Any ideas? I feel like the spacer on the BB is incorrect pushing the chain ring out too far.
I'd check that first. I'd also check what your lower limit is set at. I have the XTR build but recently I've had the same issue.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
On the edge of ordering a FB 29. However, i am really torn on which size i should go for and it's close to impossible to get a demo near my location.

I am 175cm / 5'9(?). Currently leaning towards medium. I am mainly getting it to race enduro so i'm all for it being stable more so than super nimble, but it will also serve at least partially as my trail bike, so i'd appreciate if it didn't turn out super awkward for that either.

Any thoughts / experiences from owners with similar height?

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
seccitaj wrote:
On the edge of ordering a FB 29. However, i am really torn on which size i should go for and it's close to impossible to get a demo near my location.

I am 175cm / 5'9(?). Currently leaning towards medium. I am mainly getting it to race enduro so i'm all for it being stable more so than super nimble, but it will also serve at least partially as my trail bike, so i'd appreciate if it didn't turn out super awkward for that either.

Any thoughts / experiences from owners with similar height?

I can give you an idea of size. I need your arm span (finger tip to Finger tip), height and inseam.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
I'M 5'9" went medium. Fits great and its my do it all bike.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
jkelm wrote:

Thanks! I also decided to go with medium, and one is now on it's way! Smile

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
seccitaj wrote:
jkelm wrote:

Thanks! I also decided to go with medium, and one is now on it's way! Smile

M should be good. I'm 5'10" and went medium. Have done a couple of the Canadian Enduro races and a bunch of bike parks/squamish slabs/etc. Definitely a stable bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028832
Mobile Version of Website