The Firebird 29er thread

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
The Firebird 29er thread
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
Kian1202 wrote:
Also, would love to get some feedback on how the FB29 pedals, am currently on a Large 2019 Slash at 6’2.5” (slightly taller with shoes). Would probably spring for the XL FB29 unless advised against. I recently demod the new megatower and hightower back to back (XL) and was impressed with how they pedalled, save for how they sag into their travel.
Will the FB29 pedal better than my current rig?
Thanks!

I actually kept the Pivot carbons bars and swapped out the stem for an i9 A35 stem and ODI elite grips. That solved the harshness. But I've heard good things about the OneUp bar.

As far as pedaling the Firebird, it's excellent given the long travel. Like I said previously, I've done all day 5-8 hour rides and never felt like the long travel contributed to my exhaustion more so the climbing above 10k elev. and riding all day.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
jkelm wrote:
b-mcclelland wrote:
Hey all,

I'm on the brink of ordering one of these. My only concern is I'm 6'5" and am worried with the slackish seat angle and short chain stay climbing is going to suck. Anyone riding an XL with some feedback?

No feedback on the XL as I ride a M, but this thing climbs ridiculously well for a 170mm/162mm enduro brawler. You could also bump the seat forward to combat this slack seat angle (although it's not really that slack, atleast to me).

I'm 6'4" and ride an XL. This thing climbs insanely well. Front end stays planted, and can still swing it around some tight switchbacks. No back pain at all.

I might consider selling mine for the new SB over the winter... so, you know... Wink

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Kian1202 wrote:
jkelm wrote:
I have nearly 200 miles on my Firebird already and no issues so far. I agree with snake, you should check all bolts if coming pre-assembled. My only gripe is Pivots carbon handlebars + grips combo are pretty harsh on the hands and forearms. I'll be switching back to my usual setup soon though, ODI Elite grips and OneUp carbon bar.

Opinions on the OneUp bar?
I know this is a FB thread but am torn between the OneUp and Deity bars when I build mine up

I haven't ridden the deity bars, but i will say that in my experience, the OneUp bars with ESI or Wolftooth silicone grips have pretty much eliminated hand and forearm fatigue due to vibration.

I was struggling to ride at my full potential for more than 10 back to back laps at a bike park with 35mm aluminum bars with DMR deathgrips, but now I can hang for 3 days in a row while getting faster pretty much every run.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 23:19 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Kian1202 wrote:
jkelm wrote:
I have nearly 200 miles on my Firebird already and no issues so far. I agree with snake, you should check all bolts if coming pre-assembled. My only gripe is Pivots carbon handlebars + grips combo are pretty harsh on the hands and forearms. I'll be switching back to my usual setup soon though, ODI Elite grips and OneUp carbon bar.

Opinions on the OneUp bar?
I know this is a FB thread but am torn between the OneUp and Deity bars when I build mine up

I haven't ridden the deity bars, but i will say that in my experience, the OneUp bars with ESI or Wolftooth silicone grips have pretty much eliminated hand and forearm fatigue due to vibration.

I was struggling to ride at my full potential for more than 10 back to back laps at a bike park with 35mm aluminum bars with DMR deathgrips, but now I can hang for 3 days in a row while getting faster pretty much every run.

I run the deity carbon Enduro bars on my freeride bike with chromag square wave XL grips. Also flawless. Apparently you can't go wrong

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
How does the FB 29 handle jumping? Thinking about getting one as my only rig but am worried how it will be when I take it to bike parks.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
Habaden wrote:
How does the FB 29 handle jumping? Thinking about getting one as my only rig but am worried how it will be when I take it to bike parks.

It's just fine in bike parks. Living in Colorado and racing the full BME series I've thrown everything I can at it. Angel Fire Bike park, Keystone bike park, Aspen/Snowmass Bike park, Trestle bike park, Granby bike park, and Big Sky bike park.H Hell I've even taken it dirt jumping and it's been fine.

Honestly just go back and watch the PinkBike review from last year...

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
jkelm wrote:
Habaden wrote:

It's just fine in bike parks. Living in Colorado and racing the full BME series I've thrown everything I can at it. Angel Fire Bike park, Keystone bike park, Aspen/Snowmass Bike park, Trestle bike park, Granby bike park, and Big Sky bike park.H Hell I've even taken it dirt jumping and it's been fine.

Honestly just go back and watch the PinkBike review from last year...

Awesome that's what I was hoping to hear.

Does anyone know if Pivot offers a crash replacement discount if you buy a used bike or does it have to be the original owner? I know some manufacturers still offer if it's used.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Hi FB29 keeners.

Just here to point out my rig which is for sale. If that's against the rules or offends you deeply take a few breaths, not a big deal.

Happy to ship anywhere as I ship with UPS for a living.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2680286/

Cheers

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Clean bike! Im sure some people looking for this bike in this thread may be interested

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007025
Mobile Version of Website