The Firebird 29er thread

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
The Firebird 29er thread
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 17:48 Quote
Hey, I don't actually own a Pivot at the moment (I will though) Just wondering if anyone that owns both a DH rig and a firebird 29, Have you ever felt that having both is too similar? I was contemplating between a Mach 6 or a Firebird 29. Looking for something that can be pedaled all day and still mash it in the bike parks. (SInce i might ditch the DH rig in the future)

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 18:42 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
Hey, I don't actually own a Pivot at the moment (I will though) Just wondering if anyone that owns both a DH rig and a firebird 29, Have you ever felt that having both is too similar? I was contemplating between a Mach 6 or a Firebird 29. Looking for something that can be pedaled all day and still mash it in the bike parks. (SInce i might ditch the DH rig in the future)

I got my FB to do both. It's honestly the only bike I think I need. Pedal efficiency is comparable to my old smuggler and the downhill on the thing is f*cking scary fast. I dont see another dh bike in my future and I'm sure if I still had my DH rig its use would maybe a day or two a season

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
My Firebird is my do it all bike here on the Front Range of Colorado. Bike park days, enduro racing, 8 hour high alpine rides, after work trail rides.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 8:22 Quote
Anybody have a coil shock on the FB? How does it feel?

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 8:19 Quote
robnj wrote:
Anybody have a coil shock on the FB? How does it feel?

Feels amazing on the downs, works well because the fb29 is quite a progressive design.
However I found it pretty awful climbing because the actual seat angle is quite slack.

I want to try a rockshox deluxe ultimate coil as the lockout is pretty firm on that

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
What bottle and cage combo are people running? Half tempted by the fidlock bottle but not sure how secure it’ll be especially on the downtube

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 20:45 Quote
mike29 wrote:
What bottle and cage combo are people running? Half tempted by the fidlock bottle but not sure how secure it’ll be especially on the downtube

There's a pivot owners group on FB, this came up recently. Lots of people running the fidlock. I've got a sidewinder, but I've had it so long I don't recall what brand it is.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 23:54 Quote
b-mcclelland wrote:
mike29 wrote:

There's a pivot owners group on FB, this came up recently. Lots of people running the fidlock. I've got a sidewinder, but I've had it so long I don't recall what brand it is.

Any chance of a link to this group? Thanks

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
mike29 wrote:
b-mcclelland wrote:
mike29 wrote:

here ya go

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1024167731048601

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
b-mcclelland wrote:
mike29 wrote:
b-mcclelland wrote:

here ya go

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1024167731048601

Cheers

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007886
Mobile Version of Website