The Firebird 29er thread

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
The Firebird 29er thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
Edu1309 wrote:
seccitaj wrote:
jkelm wrote:
I'M 5'9" went medium. Fits great and its my do it all bike.

Thanks! I also decided to go with medium, and one is now on it's way! Smile

How did it go with the M? I'm also 1.75 and I'm still not sure whether to buy S or M

1.75 (5' 9") on M - spot on

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 23:02 Quote
Hey yall. Just wondering how quiet the Firebird 29 is, my dh bike clacks and well (its a dh, so it gets a pass) my goal is to have a pretty much dead silent bike, Do the cables on the FB29 clack in the frame? How silent are the pivots on the bike? Goal is to run Onyx hubs, and mastic tape anywhere the chain makes noise, (STFU chain device is an option too)

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 9:34 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
Hey yall. Just wondering how quiet the Firebird 29 is, my dh bike clacks and well (its a dh, so it gets a pass) my goal is to have a pretty much dead silent bike, Do the cables on the FB29 clack in the frame? How silent are the pivots on the bike? Goal is to run Onyx hubs, and mastic tape anywhere the chain makes noise, (STFU chain device is an option too)

I'm sure you'll hear different cos bikes and people's ideas of what quiet is vary but fwiw mine is the quietest bike I've ever had Big Grin

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
All pivots are quiet because cable entry ports allow cables to be tensioned with little clamps/screws.

Rubber around chain/seat stay is also first rate.

Very quiet bike :-)

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
I had some internal cable noise, easy fix with some foam tubing from home depot. There's also a MTB specific product that someone suggested at some point....but I forget what it is.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 15:27 Quote
I have a Pivot firebird 29!

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
Victordls7 wrote:
I have a Pivot firebird 29!

Nice one !
Hope you love it as much as I do
Have fun

Posted: Oct 3, 2020 at 20:49 Quote
b-mcclelland wrote:
I had some internal cable noise, easy fix with some foam tubing from home depot. There's also a MTB specific product that someone suggested at some point....but I forget what it is.

Care to share a link to the foam from Home Depot that you used? I’m getting quite a bit of internal cable noise myself. Thanks I’m advance.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
Somebody knows/could meassure what is the FB29´s actual seatpost angel vs its effective angel 75,75 degree ; I would like to compare it with Nomad mk3 with an actual SA cca. 70 vs effective 74,4 and Megatower´s actual SA cca. 69 vs effective 76,7 degree.

Figured answer: ASA is 69 as at Megatower, so if you want to have the Saddle at the same middle position as Megatower has, you need to put it on FB29 cca. 1,7 cm forward for the same seatangel as MT has.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009810
Mobile Version of Website