The Firebird 29er thread

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
The Firebird 29er thread
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: May 7, 2021 at 8:57 Quote

apols I have nothing much to say, just been quiet on this thread for ages and wanted to spread some FB love - totally love this bike Big Grin

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
Has anyone tried a -1 degree or a -1.5 degree angle set in their firebird? Thinking about it to get a little more dh bike feel from mine and gain a little bit in seat angle (minor change).

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
caboose wrote:
Has anyone tried a -1 degree or a -1.5 degree angle set in their firebird? Thinking about it to get a little more dh bike feel from mine and gain a little bit in seat angle (minor change).

yup - 1 degree (works components) so now 64 HA - v happy with it

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
Did you lose any of the bikes agility and hooliganism with the slacker and longer wheelbase?

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 23:54 Quote
caboose wrote:
Did you lose any of the bikes agility and hooliganism with the slacker and longer wheelbase?

no, tbh it feels less noticeable a change than when I've done it on other bikes - I think because the geo was pretty sorted anyway and I loved it as stock. I've always liked and wanted things slacker than standard so I thought I'd try it on the FB and I'd say it just made a fantastic bike slightly better. Still feels super agile and capable, the fact that it feels so much more poppy and agile than other 29ers @ 160/170 travel that I rode but also happy in the rough stuff is why I chose it and it still feels like that, just even better !
Works sets are only £70 (? 120 $) and IME they usually sell easily SH if you don't like it

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
Thanks man. Kinda the same way with wanting things a bit slacker than stock set ups. Just didn’t want to lose the agility of the big bird.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
anyone heard any news about Pivot's plans for this bike? I had one for two seasons and sold it (the old bike shop discount yearly cycle, basically). I'd really like another one but I don't want to buy at the end of the version. been riding the new Switchblade lately, it's also really good. Just not as cushy feeling. Better trail bike, for sure.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
shralping-the-cube wrote:
anyone heard any news about Pivot's plans for this bike? I had one for two seasons and sold it (the old bike shop discount yearly cycle, basically). I'd really like another one but I don't want to buy at the end of the version. been riding the new Switchblade lately, it's also really good. Just not as cushy feeling. Better trail bike, for sure.

We will see a vertically mounted shocked Firebird in the next year or two is my guess. Depends if they update the Mach 5.5 first or the Bird

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 22:10 Quote
yungj wrote:
shralping-the-cube wrote:
anyone heard any news about Pivot's plans for this bike? I had one for two seasons and sold it (the old bike shop discount yearly cycle, basically). I'd really like another one but I don't want to buy at the end of the version. been riding the new Switchblade lately, it's also really good. Just not as cushy feeling. Better trail bike, for sure.

We will see a vertically mounted shocked Firebird in the next year or two is my guess. Depends if they update the Mach 5.5 first or the Bird

yeah, that was also my guess. Just curious if anyone had any news.

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
Slate Blue Firebird 29 - What kind of bars are people running on them?

Cheers!

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
coopermarshall wrote:
Slate Blue Firebird 29 - What kind of bars are people running on them?

Cheers!


I was really happy with Renthal Fatbars with 50mm rise. but that's me.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 0:51 Quote
shralping-the-cube wrote:
coopermarshall wrote:
Slate Blue Firebird 29 - What kind of bars are people running on them?

Cheers!


I was really happy with Renthal Fatbars with 50mm rise. but that's me.


It’s a v personal thing but as you asked - USE nail 780 (20mm rise) Big Grin

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011119
Mobile Version of Website