The Firebird 29er thread

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
The Firebird 29er thread
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 23:22 Quote
That is so weird, anyway the complete bike industry is pretty weird at this point! :p[/Quote]

Yeah! I ended up buying an used 2021 Specialized Enduro today. And am selling my other bike.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 12:25 Quote
Wow. They are just in stock here in uk, could walk away with them same day.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
I’m on the US, there are some shops that have them in stock and some that will receive some soon. And other with crazy wait time. If you have the time I would look at the list of authorized resellers and call them all. I know it sounds very time consuming but that’s how I could get my last 2 bikes in 2 weeks each instead of 9 months+ during covid Smile

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 2:27 Quote
what a great bike, enjoy every ride!

having fun in the woods
having fun in the woods

having fun in the woods
having fun in the woods

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 5:37 Quote
frei wrote:
cheers guys

Pivot Firebird 29 2021

Nice one dude !


Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 9:51 Quote
Looking to get a reach adjust headset. Who can tell me what is the correct headset size for the 2022 Firebird? Any brand recommendations besides Works Components?

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/reach-adjust-headsets-21-c.asp

180mm Fox 38 210mm OneUp

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 11:47 Quote
StubbornApproach wrote:
Looking to get a reach adjust headset. Who can tell me what is the correct headset size for the 2022 Firebird? Any brand recommendations besides Works Components?

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/reach-adjust-headsets-21-c.asp

180mm Fox 38 210mm OneUp

https://store.pivotcycles.com/en/bike-firebird-2 Big Grin

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
billyno wrote:
StubbornApproach wrote:
Looking to get a reach adjust headset. Who can tell me what is the correct headset size for the 2022 Firebird? Any brand recommendations besides Works Components?

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/reach-adjust-headsets-21-c.asp

180mm Fox 38 210mm OneUp

https://store.pivotcycles.com/en/bike-firebird-2 Big Grin


then FAQs

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
For those riding the new generation of the Firebird 29 and who had the first version can you share comparison insights so far? Smile

I've heard from a friend riding for Pivot that the bike feels more planted and is more like a race machine, so less playful and poppy that the first version but faster and better small bump sensitivity. I would be curious to hear some feedback.

Thanks!

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
billyno wrote:
then FAQs

Thank you.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
ridecruise22 wrote:
For those riding the new generation of the Firebird 29 and who had the first version can you share comparison insights so far? Smile

I've heard from a friend riding for Pivot that the bike feels more planted and is more like a race machine, so less playful and poppy that the first version but faster and better small bump sensitivity. I would be curious to hear some feedback.

Thanks!

I rode Firebird V1 29er for 1.5 years until it was stolen and then switched over to the SB150 until the V2 29er Firebird came out. The coil version of the new Bird is definitely more planted but can be negated with the air X2. The V2 Bird is a race machine that loves to party, is how I would put it. If you want the poppy-ness, go air. The V2 bird is still extremely agile and a damn fun bike. Going from the 150 to the V2 Bird was a night and day difference in terms of playful and poppy -ness. V1 to V2 I can't tell much of a difference, the V2 is longer/slacker but it's still fun as hell. I can schralp and flick the bike around anyway I please yet it still holds the gnarliest lines with confidence.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
yungj wrote:
ridecruise22 wrote:
For those riding the new generation of the Firebird 29 and who had the first version can you share comparison insights so far? Smile

I've heard from a friend riding for Pivot that the bike feels more planted and is more like a race machine, so less playful and poppy that the first version but faster and better small bump sensitivity. I would be curious to hear some feedback.

Thanks!

I rode Firebird V1 29er for 1.5 years until it was stolen and then switched over to the SB150 until the V2 29er Firebird came out. The coil version of the new Bird is definitely more planted but can be negated with the air X2. The V2 Bird is a race machine that loves to party, is how I would put it. If you want the poppy-ness, go air. The V2 bird is still extremely agile and a damn fun bike. Going from the 150 to the V2 Bird was a night and day difference in terms of playful and poppy -ness. V1 to V2 I can't tell much of a difference, the V2 is longer/slacker but it's still fun as hell. I can schralp and flick the bike around anyway I please yet it still holds the gnarliest lines with confidence.

Thanks for the feedback!

| Next Page

 
Active Forum Threads
2 mins ago - SSD Chemical for Defaced Notes in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland,Kenya
3 mins ago - Ssd Super Automatic Solution in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland
4 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
4 mins ago - DX-1 SSD Solution and Activation Powder in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
6 mins ago - Black Money Cleaning SSD Chemicals suppliers +27735257866 in South Africa,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana
6 mins ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?
7 mins ago - Burnaby Biking
10 mins ago - Crank question…need a little help
32 mins ago - All Things Meta 29er!
38 mins ago - Osta gamma-butyrolaktoni GBL verkossa, Osta fenyyliasetoni verkosta, (BMX)
38 mins ago - Kjøp gamma-butyrolakton GBL online, kjøp fenylaceton online, kjøp GBL online, (BMX)
38 mins ago - Cumpărați gamma butirolactonă GBL online, Cumpărați fenilacetonă online, (BMX)
39 mins ago - Køb gamma butyrolacton GBL online, Køb Phenylacetone online, Køb GBL online, (BMX)
39 mins ago - Nakupujte gama butyrolakton GBL online, Nakupujte fenylaceton online, (BMX)
39 mins ago - Kup gamma butyrolakton GBL online, Kup fenyloaceton online, Kup GBL online, (BMX)
39 mins ago - Köp gamma-butyrolakton GBL online, Köp fenylaceton online, köp GBL online, (BMX)
40 mins ago - Compre gamma butirolactona GBL en línea, compre fenilacetona en línea, (BMX)
40 mins ago - Compre gama butirolactona GBL online, compre fenilacetona online, compre GBL online, (BMX)
41 mins ago - Acquista gamma butirrolattone GBL online, Acquista fenilacetone online, Acquista GBL online, (BMX)
41 mins ago - Gamma-Butyrolacton GBL online kaufen, Phenylaceton online kaufen, GBL online kaufen, (BMX)
42 mins ago - Acheter du gamma butyrolactone GBL en ligne, Acheter de la phénylacétone en ligne, (BMX)
42 mins ago - Koop gamma-butyrolacton GBL online, Koop Fenylaceton online, Koop GBL online, Koop GHB online, (BMX)
42 mins ago - Buy gamma butyrolactone GBL online, Buy Phenylacetone online, Buy GBL online, (BMX)
43 mins ago - Osta botox -injektio verkossa, osta bocouture verkossa, osta dysport -ratkaisuja verkosta,
46 mins ago - Kjøp botox -injeksjon online, kjøp bocouture online, kjøp dysportløsninger online,

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011198
Mobile Version of Website