2019 Intense Tracer Pro Build

PB Forum :: Intense
2019 Intense Tracer Pro Build
Previous Page |
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
I've been out of the mountain bike game for a few years. We have a LBS that sells Intense and speaking with the owner I had a good feeling and it seems like the Intense Tracer is a hell of a bike for the money. I am looking at the pro build especially with the carbon wheel deal going on.
This weekend I'm taking the tracer on a demo and hopefully that will seal the deal.

I'm coming from a 2012 Santa Cruz Nickel that I haven't ridden in a few years. And after going out on it recently. I either need to sell it to get something fresh or spend money and upgrade the suspension and drivetrain.

The other bike I've been lusting after is a SC Bronson. Mostly because my other bike is SC and has done well for me. The other day I took a demo of the new V3 Bronson. The bike was fantastic. A lot of fun, leaps and bounds ahead of what I'm used to.

A comparable build is over 7k for the carbon Bronson with the carbon wheels. I cant seem to justify the extra 1500+ bucks for the SC name and was wondering if anyone had spent time on both.

I know the Tracer is more of a Nomad competitor so maybe it isnt a good comparison at all. But wanted to check.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
Ive only spent time on the Tracer out of these 2 bikes but I can say if i have the chance I will.buy another. Climbs great and descends great. Probably the best all arounder enduro bike for the money.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
Hey thanks. Just took delivery of a new Intense Tracer Foundation build today. Swapped out a few parts though, GX Eagle Crankset, Deity Skywire 25mm rise Carbon bar with Deity Grips. Magura MT7 Pro Brakes and Rotors. Cant wait to hit the trails this weekend.

The free carbon wheelset should be coming soon as well. A lot of bike for the money.

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 0:00 Quote
flyingnome wrote:
Hey thanks. Just took delivery of a new Intense Tracer Foundation build today. Swapped out a few parts though, GX Eagle Crankset, Deity Skywire 25mm rise Carbon bar with Deity Grips. Magura MT7 Pro Brakes and Rotors. Cant wait to hit the trails this weekend.

The free carbon wheelset should be coming soon as well. A lot of bike for the money.

Yeeeew! It's a great bike, you're gonna be so stoked with it.

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
flyingnome wrote:

Yeeeew! It's a great bike, you're gonna be so stoked with it.

Thanks! Will post pics hopefully tomorrow after I get the upgrades installed.

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 18:06 Quote
Here's my new bike.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 1:21 Quote
flyingnome wrote:
Here's my new bike.

how are you finding it bud? im thinking about buying one but i dont know anyone that owns one...any pros/cons?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
Nikewatch wrote:
flyingnome wrote:
Here's my new bike.

how are you finding it bud? im thinking about buying one but i dont know anyone that owns one...any pros/cons?

Heres my opinion of the tracer
Pros
-light frame
-decent geo, adjustable geo
-good climber, vpp allows for a decent pedaling platform
Cons
-flexy rear end, not good for people over 200 pounds unless you like feeling a shit ton of flex in your rear triangle
-small sizing, 484mm reach too small for people over 6 1" unless they like a small bike
-downhill performance is so so

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
wrote:
awesome cheers fo the feef back bud
Quote="Gmoneyog1"]
Nikewatch wrote:
flyingnome wrote:
Here's my new bike.

Pros
-light frame
Cons
-flexy rear end, not good for people over 200 pounds unless you like feeling a shit ton of flex in your rear triangle
-small sizing, 484mm reach too small for people over 6 1" unless they like a small bike

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
wrote:
Nikewatch wrote:
awesome cheers fo the feef back bud
Quote="Gmoneyog1"]
Nikewatch wrote:
flyingnome wrote:
Here's my new bike.

Pros
-light frame
Cons

A slightly longer explanation
(im 6 1" and 210 pounds. My new bike has 510mm reach compared to the 460 of the tracer. Running it with a 50mm stem.)

Climbing
Climbing performance was great, I ran my bike with a 50t cassette and 30t chainring. The 65° seattube angle was perfectly fine and didnt feel too slack. I climbed plenty of technical single track and steep fireroad and never reached the limits of this bike in terms of climbing.

Downhill
Downhill performance was so so. The rear end flexed on a pretty small load. On berms and rock gardens flex was extremely noticeable and one of the main reasons I didn't go back to it. The rear end did track well but nowhere near as well as traditional 4 bar linkage ive ridden. Could have something to do with the flexy rear end but im not sure. Shock travel was also very linear and would bottom out. Normally I run 190-205 psi, currently running 190 on my kona and its perfect. I was running 270 psi on my dpx2 on my intense with full rebound and I constantly bottomed it out.
Racing
I didnt race this bike and im glad I didn't. Personally I think that this is not a good enduro race bike, if the rear end was stiffer, reach was longer and suspension was more progressive it would be perfect. Travel is perfect right where it is at, it climbed like a 130mm bike so no issues with the travel.

All in all I would rate it for
People under 220 pounds and under 6 2"
Someone who wants a big travel all mountain/trail bike that doesn't climb like crap.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 1:45 Quote
thats interesting about the amount of air you used in it...did you have any volume spacers in the rear shock?

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 3:59 Quote
Nikewatch wrote:
thats interesting about the amount of air you used in it...did you have any volume spacers in the rear shock?

No, It would've helped most likely but I didnt worry too much about it. But yeah It was genuinely rediculous. I Also had to ran a ton of air in my Evil insurgent. Around 250, also with rehound turned all the way up.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
up as in open? ive got a giant trance with a fox dps and i run 210psi with the largest volume reducer and im 170 ish pounds (80 ish kilos) so im wondering if thats gonna be any good for me ????????

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 6:24 Quote
that was meant to be a thinking emoji haha

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Nikewatch wrote:
up as in open? ive got a giant trance with a fox dps and i run 210psi with the largest volume reducer and im 170 ish pounds (80 ish kilos) so im wondering if thats gonna be any good for me ????????
Up as in its quickest setting

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.011700
Mobile Version of Website