2019 Intense Tracer Pro Build

PB Forum :: Intense
2019 Intense Tracer Pro Build
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
Nikewatch wrote:
how are you finding it bud? im thinking about buying one but i dont know anyone that owns one...any pros/cons?

Sorry for the delay. Just saw all these messages today. I've been out 10 times so far with this bike and wanted to have a few miles on it before I commented.

Now be mindful this is coming from a slightly overweight 37 year old looking to get 20lbs down... I'm not an enduro or downhill racer.

That being said, this bike is phenomenal. Easily the best bike I've ridden. Prior to purchase I demoed the New SC Bronson and Nomad and had my previous SC Nickel for reference.

For as much travel as it has, even the Foundation Build climbs like a billy goat. I'm shocked how well it goes up hill. I didn't even bother flipping the rear shock, just left it open. Didnt have enough bob to justify the change.

Flat riding position for me is perfect. But I'm a smaller guy, 5 foot 7 inches on a medium Frame Intense. I'm about 195lbs looking to be 170... the reach is comfortable and really didnt need to adjust it out of the box.

Downhill, this bike flat out rips. I dont have the extra cog of the GX Eagle rear sprocket but the bike is fast as is. Damn fast. Maybe because I'm sub 200 (barely) I didn't have any of the rear triangle flex as described above. The bike felt sure footed and is really easy to maneuver even though technical rock gardens.

The bike that I demoed from the shop owner had full DVO suspension. I can say this will be my next upgrade. Its just better than the Lyric...

For me, this bike is perfect. A similarly spec big box competitor bike will cost at least 2 grand more. Also my free carbon wheels just arrived.

http://imgur.com/a/Bd1iWhF


Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
ha same build and height as me ????????.cheers for the info mate i think im gonna go for one
just gotta get rid of my current bike first. how did the free carbon wheels come about? i couldnt see that on their site
flyingnome wrote:
Nikewatch wrote:
how are you finding it bud? im thinking about buying one but i dont know anyone that owns one...any pros/cons?

Sorry for the delay. Just saw all these messages today. I've been out 10 times so far with this bike and wanted to have a few miles on it before I commented.

Now be mindful this is coming from a slightly overweight 37 year old looking to get 20lbs down... I'm not an enduro or downhill racer.

That being said, this bike is phenomenal. Easily the best bike I've ridden. Prior to purchase I demoed the New SC Bronson and Nomad and had my previous SC Nickel for reference.

For as much travel as it has, even the Foundation Build climbs like a billy goat. I'm shocked how well it goes up hill. I didn't even bother flipping the rear shock, just left it open. Didnt have enough bob to justify the change.

Flat riding position for me is perfect. But I'm a smaller guy, 5 foot 7 inches on a medium Frame Intense. I'm about 195lbs looking to be 170... the reach is comfortable and really didnt need to adjust it out of the box.

Downhill, this bike flat out rips. I dont have the extra cog of the GX Eagle rear sprocket but the bike is fast as is. Damn fast. Maybe because I'm sub 200 (barely) I didn't have any of the rear triangle flex as described above. The bike felt sure footed and is really easy to maneuver even though technical rock gardens.

The bike that I demoed from the shop owner had full DVO suspension. I can say this will be my next upgrade. Its just better than the Lyric...

For me, this bike is perfect. A similarly spec big box competitor bike will cost at least 2 grand more. Also my free carbon wheels just arrived.

http://imgur.com/a/Bd1iWhF


Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
Nikewatch wrote:
ha same build and height as me ????????.cheers for the info mate i think im gonna go for one
just gotta get rid of my current bike first. how did the free carbon wheels come about? i couldnt see that on their site

If you go to the webpage for the specific build it still as of today lists the Race Day wheel promo.

https://intensecycles.com/collections/tracer/products/new-tracer-foundation-build

Took about 4 weeks and they showed up at my door. You will love this bike. I still need to sell my 2012 Santa Cruz lol... or will just keep it for a spare when friends come. Which ever.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
First time I've come across this forum and some interesting views. I'm 6'4" about 105 kg and race the newer tracer with competitive results. Built up as a frame only, with alloy wheels!
I run the shock at max 250psi with full rebound and no compression. It sags at 30%. Also have run it at 280 psi and ot still sags at 30%, this is obviously a function of the position of the negative spring pressure detent not total pressure.
Find the XL frame more than long enough for me and have to get over the front end when climbing steep gradients. Run a 35mm stem and saddle forward, however running it with 180mm fox 36s so this makes the front a little lighter.
Certainly do not find the rear flexy, but do have to keep an eye on pivot bolt torque.

Coming straight off a 4 bar canyon strive, the rear suspension is very different, probably more supportive pedalling, but not as plush DH and susceptible to a bit of brake induced lock out. Not much in it, but cracked 4 strives in 18 months so gave up on them.
Just come back from the Alps with good race results on it, 12th in Oz enduro with a 3rd overall on one stage, plus 5th in group on megavalanche. Had a shit qualifying with a puncture so didn't make international race this year. Playing on the WC track in les gets the week before and the bike didn't disappoint. Didn't do those road gaps tho, not for me! Those forests are steep on mt cherry side of les gets.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
First time I've come across this forum and some interesting views. I'm 6'4" about 105 kg and race the newer tracer with competitive results. Built up as a frame only, with alloy wheels!
I run the shock at max 250psi with full rebound and no compression. It sags at 30%. Also have run it at 280 psi and ot still sags at 30%, this is obviously a function of the position of the negative spring pressure detent not total pressure.
Find the XL frame more than long enough for me and have to get over the front end when climbing steep gradients. Run a 35mm stem and saddle forward, however running it with 180mm fox 36s so this makes the front a little lighter.
Certainly do not find the rear flexy, but do have to keep an eye on pivot bolt torque.

Coming straight off a 4 bar canyon strive, the rear suspension is very different, probably more supportive pedalling, but not as plush DH and susceptible to a bit of brake induced lock out. Not much in it, but cracked 4 strives in 18 months so gave up on them.
Just come back from the Alps with good race results on it, 12th in Oz enduro with a 3rd overall on one stage, plus 5th in group on megavalanche. Had a shit qualifying with a puncture so didn't make international race this year. Playing on the WC track in les gets the week before and the bike didn't disappoint. Didn't do those road gaps tho, not for me! Those forests are steep on mt cherry side of les gets.


Thats strange, im 6" and ride an XL kona process 153 and find the 510mm reach still feeling a tiny bit short on the descents.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
Defo wouldn't want it longer, it just wouldn't be as fun or lively. I'm happy where it's at, longer than my strive with a steeper seat angle too.
When I see photos of me on it, it still looks small, but feels right when riding.
It was your comment that made me give the counter opinion, but certainly not diminishing your point of view.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
Defo wouldn't want it longer, it just wouldn't be as fun or lively. I'm happy where it's at, longer than my strive with a steeper seat angle too.
When I see photos of me on it, it still looks small, but feels right when riding.
It was your comment that made me give the counter opinion, but certainly not diminishing your point of view.

No man I completwly understand. Everyone has a personal preference. I just like longer bikes. Best thing people can do is ride once for themselves.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
. Best thing people can do is ride once for themselves.

Exactly! If someone is out looking for a new bike they would be missing out if they didnt try one. All bikes fit and feel different. And is such a personal taste.

Nice to hear the bike is competitive but, Intense has never been a slouch when it comes to racing.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.010320
Mobile Version of Website