Tall guy

• Next Page
Posted: May 16, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
10YearsHanging wrote:
I am very concerned with being able to still fully extend my leg while pedaling. I've seen trek bikes that fit a 37in inseam, I am a 38 inch inseam

Seat tube lengths for the largest sizes listed in my previous post:

Nicolai:
- G1: 500
- Saturn 14: 520
Pole:
- Stamina: 440
- Machine: 510
Guerrilla Gravity, various models: 480
Santa Cruz Megatower: 500
Cotic RocketMAX: 495
Bird: Aeris 145 & AM9: 500

The Pole Stamina is out. Nicolai does customs, if you need, but you should be okay with a 200 mm dropper post.

If you can track down a previous generation Guerrilla Gravity (fully aluminum frame), the normalized reaches for XL are 541 - 543 mm and the seat tubes are 533 mm.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
10YearsHanging wrote:
10YearsHanging wrote:
Wow, so far the most helpful thankyou
I am very concerned with being able to still fully extend my leg while pedaling. I've seen trek bikes that fit a 37in inseam, I am a 38 inch inseam
I don't know if your extra height makes anything different, but fwiw I'm a 38" inseam... I don't think it's that big of a deal

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
10YearsHanging wrote:
10YearsHanging wrote:
Wow, so far the most helpful thankyou

Just checking, when you say 38” inseam, do you mean true inseam measured the road cycling way? Or are you talking about jeans?

Check out this link

https://www.velonews.com/2009/01/bikes-and-tech/technical-faq-tall-rider-bike-fit_101273

“First of all, I would want you to re-do that inseam measurement, because 36 inches is a very short inseam for a 6-foot-5-inch rider. Perhaps that is your pants inseam size, which runs about two inches shorter than the actual inseam measurement from crotch to floor in stocking feet; 38 inches is an average inseam for a 6-foot-5-inch rider.”

O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
Reach out Reggie Miller. Yes that Reggie Miller who played in the NBA. He is an Avid MTN biker and Racer. (and he is good).
He is 6'8" and he rides a XXL Santa Cruz High Tower.

He will respond to you thru Instagram. He is a pretty cool guy who is responsive to other Mtn Bikers.
I'm sure he will give you some ideas and pointers of fitting since he has had to go thru it.
you can reach him on instragram -
https://www.instagram.com/reggiemillertnt/?hl=en

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010703
Mobile Version of Website