Cant decide buying used need help

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Cant decide buying used need help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 21:06 Quote
New to pink bike. Im 6.2" , 31/32 inseam guy looking for a bike i can jump a little, ride pump, hit up trails by my house. my budget is $650 max. So ive been looking at used size L hardtails (which all seem to be $800+.) Like the trans am, exsplosif, deedar eccentric. I saw a trans am SS(which is basically a big DJ?idk) locally for 800 that's a 2011 model stock(pretty sure). Which seems high to me for an almost 8 year old bike? Anyway i also am really inspired by dirt jumping and street riding, definitely want that ability as well. would love a suburban or majesty. infact I'm also looking at a majesty "dirt" frame(is that too big), and a 2015 pbj complete build here on PB.

I just feel like I've done so much research and looked and read so much shit I'm numb and just want to give up. Everything seems too expensive. The only mtb I've ever been on is my trek antelope from like the 80s. So I have no idea how my body is gonna fit on any of these. and I'm really just hoping for good advice or examples of fair prices and so on. sorry my kids screaming and i lost concentration any body elese feeling fatigued? ????

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 20:30 Quote
vbrakes69 wrote:
New to pink bike. Im 6.2" , 31/32 inseam guy looking for a bike i can jump a little, ride pump, hit up trails by my house. my budget is $650 max. So ive been looking at used size L hardtails (which all seem to be $800+.) Like the trans am, exsplosif, deedar eccentric. I saw a trans am SS(which is basically a big DJ?idk) locally for 800 that's a 2011 model stock(pretty sure). Which seems high to me for an almost 8 year old bike? Anyway i also am really inspired by dirt jumping and street riding, definitely want that ability as well. would love a suburban or majesty. infact I'm also looking at a majesty "dirt" frame(is that too big), and a 2015 pbj complete build here on PB.

I just feel like I've done so much research and looked and read so much shit I'm numb and just want to give up. Everything seems too expensive. The only mtb I've ever been on is my trek antelope from like the 80s. So I have no idea how my body is gonna fit on any of these. and I'm really just hoping for good advice or examples of fair prices and so on. sorry my kids screaming and i lost concentration any body elese feeling fatigued? ????
I would say that a used bike is totally fine. I am riding a used bike that was almost double the original price. I have spent a small amount of money on upgrades and now it is perfect for me. You can do the same. If u budget is 650 then get a bike for 450-550 and you still have a bit left for upgrades or whatever. Good luck on finding a bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008116
Mobile Version of Website