X2 203 Vented rotors, Intense M9 But what brake adaptors?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
X2 203 Vented rotors, Intense M9 But what brake adaptors?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 4:02 Quote
Hi guys I wonder if anyone can help me please? I have just got back into biking after a long break of ten years, back then I had standard brakes and rotors, Now I have bought an Intense M9 with boxxer world cups (2011) on and I am about to buy the Hope V4s but cannot figure out what 203 bracket for the bike I need?

The front has a 203 bracket on "Formula 'The one" brakes that are on it so I am assuming that is ok to go with the Hopes or am I wrong and need two new brackets?

Also I am going to use x2 203 Vented rotors which I have bought, Can anyone put any light on this cause i am lost as to what rear 203 bracket I need for the Hopes? Does it go by your frame and forks? or by the brakes?

Many thanks.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 0:58 Quote
I’m running the c adaptor on my Pike with both the V4 and the vented rotor. Not sure if that will be the same for your boxxer tho

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 5:06 Quote
If the V4 caliper doesn't "touch" the adapter before you can tighten the brake bolts, you're fine. As for the rear, you have to check with Intense (or on the internet), as it could depend on when the frame was made (if they switched from IS -international standard- to PM -postmount- for example)

Worst case if you buy the Hopes, you'll have to buy a new £5-10 adapter for the rear (or possibly the front)

Take a picture of the rear rotor on the bike, with the size of the rotor in place and we'll tell you.

Vented rotors do not need any specific adapter.

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 6:50 Quote
I switched to V4's last year and had to get new adapters because the shape of the V4 caliber was different than the Shimano I took off and they hit the adapter. If you have to get new adapters make sure to get the Hope adapters.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009353
Mobile Version of Website