2019 fox grip2 whooshing sound

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2019 fox grip2 whooshing sound
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
I just put in a 2019 grip2 damper in my fox float 36 fork. I followed the instructions best I can tell and it is making a whooshing noise on the rebound now. It’s seems to perform okay, just really don’t like the noise. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Thank you

Dale

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
Dmurphy48 wrote:
I just put in a 2019 grip2 damper in my fox float 36 fork. I followed the instructions best I can tell and it is making a whooshing noise on the rebound now. It’s seems to perform okay, just really don’t like the noise. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Thank you

Dale

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. That's just how they work. I've heard people complain about it before. If you really despise it, buy a different fork, but if I where you I would give it some time

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
Not sure if that’s how they are supposed to work. Went to my LBS and tested a few bikes with the same damper in it and none of them made that sound. Fox said they would warranty it so it is in their hands now to hopefully fix. We will see.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
Dmurphy48 wrote:
Not sure if that’s how they are supposed to work. Went to my LBS and tested a few bikes with the same damper in it and none of them made that sound. Fox said they would warranty it so it is in their hands now to hopefully fix. We will see.

Huh, ok. Well I thought that they made that noise as I had experienced it before, but if Fox says they'll warranty it, go for it

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
Did you get the warrenty? Mine does the same...

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
They did. I had to send in the damper to get looked at but when they did they sent a replacement.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
Dmurphy48 wrote:
They did. I had to send in the damper to get looked at but when they did they sent a replacement.

Have you tuned the new damper to the same settings? Do you have the same sound?
I have the same sound but it’s completely dependent on rebound setting for me, notice no performance issues.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
When I first installed the new one I used the same settings but no noise except for very slow speed bumps, sometimes. I would say no noise 95% of the time.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008509
Mobile Version of Website