Badge progress

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Badge progress
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
The new badges are cool to see, but it would be awesome if the badge progress status showed either the ridden/not ridden status of the prerequisite trails, or the count of the trails still needed.

Also, although its not immediately obvious but is there a way the badge description could include any timeframe requirements for the badge? It seems to earn a badge, trails must be ridden after the badge was created - it doesn't count if you've ridden them previously.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
The new badges are cool to see, but it would be awesome if the badge progress status showed either the ridden/not ridden status of the prerequisite trails, or the count of the trails still needed.

Also, although its not immediately obvious but is there a way the badge description could include any timeframe requirements for the badge? It seems to earn a badge, trails must be ridden after the badge was created - it doesn't count if you've ridden them previously.

Badges only count on rides after the badge is created.

I will be adding some way to view your progress of which trails you've ridden for badges that have the criteria to ride specific trails.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 17:21 Quote
canadaka wrote:
mrtoodles wrote:

Badges only count on rides after the badge is created.

I will be adding some way to view your progress of which trails you've ridden for badges that have the criteria to ride specific trails.

Cheers - that would be awesome. Some of the badges have a heap of trail prerequisities and its hard to see which you've ridden after the badge was created.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
badges with trails as criteria now show a green check mark beside the trails you've ridden towards the completion of the badge.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
canadaka wrote:
badges with trails as criteria now show a green check mark beside the trails you've ridden towards the completion of the badge.

Awesome stuff!

Is there a way to do a progress bar for the cumaltive climbing/descending metres or distance criteria badges?

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
canadaka wrote:

Awesome stuff!

Is there a way to do a progress bar for the cumaltive climbing/descending metres or distance criteria badges?

Yeah, seeing a progress bar would be cool! Or at least the actual number (like the badges for # of trails, like you've ridden 6/10 blue trails).

1 other issue. Not sure for other areas, but the Completionist badges include PLANNED trails, so there's no way we can complete/earn that badge...unless we walk to planned route! An example is https://www.trailforks.com/trails/flashback-pt1/

Thanks for creating the badges, it's fun!

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Crap, I must have missed filtering out planned trails, I edited that badge removing them.

I will show the distance, descent and climb progress number.
photo

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
I already PM'ed about this, but it would be good if we could flag or report when a completionist badge includes a trail that has mistakenly been included.

Also, going forward - will completionist badges be "unearned" if new trails are added? I hope not or it will be impossible to keep them.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
I already PM'ed about this, but it would be good if we could flag or report when a completionist badge includes a trail that has mistakenly been included.

Also, going forward - will completionist badges be "unearned" if new trails are added? I hope not or it will be impossible to keep them.

No they are static at the moment. Maybe could make new completionist badges every couple years.

I do think I need to create a script that checks these badges, for trail changes though.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 20:10 Quote
Do the badges expire or something? I re-earned a badge today that I already had. And just checking now, some of the completionist badges I had are now not showing up as "earned" even though I'm listed as a recipient.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 19:15 Quote
Great job with the app and the badges.

The ability to see if badges could be earned multiple times would be helpful.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 23:24 Quote
Some badges you can earn multiple times, it's listed in the badge details.

You shouldn't loose a badge, unless you delete a ridelog that was helping meet the criteria for a badge.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 16:34 Quote
Looks like I have a problem with getting badges for the Richmond hill region.

When I ride at the Jefferson Forest which is in the richmond hill, Ontario region I see ridelogs that show Jefferson forest then at other times the same ride shows Richmond hill as the the region,

Here is an example of a Richmond Hill tagged ridelog from Aug 25th

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/8270526/

Then here is one from 1 week earlier Aug 18th tagged as Jefferson Forest

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/8108134/

Our Trail count has not been matching the Jefferson Forest completionist badge because the REGIONS have been tagged differently. We see this going back during the summer with inconsistent region tagging.

Looks like we have been chasing trails that we have already ridden because the Trailfoks app has been faulty in tracking our region progress.

Today we (dawnlaurent & dangaras) completed every trail required and manually tracked them but got tagged as Richmond Hill instead of the Jefferson Forest. Subsequently we did NOT get the Completionist badge, but last week got the Top 10 badge for the region.

Inconsistent and unreliable makes the app get poor ratings & removed.

Also good rating make apps spread fast, bad rating make them die faster!

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
You can edit your own ridelogs and change the region a ridelog is attached too. You can do this on the website or the app.

On the website you can "rescan badges" for a ridelog.

But it doesn't matter if your ridelog is attached to the riding area or the parent region. All applicable badges for the ridingarea, the parent city and all other riding areas under that city will be checked. It would only be an issue if your ridelog was attached to a different city.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014287
Mobile Version of Website