Badge progress

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Badge progress
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
The new badges are cool to see, but it would be awesome if the badge progress status showed either the ridden/not ridden status of the prerequisite trails, or the count of the trails still needed.

Also, although its not immediately obvious but is there a way the badge description could include any timeframe requirements for the badge? It seems to earn a badge, trails must be ridden after the badge was created - it doesn't count if you've ridden them previously.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
The new badges are cool to see, but it would be awesome if the badge progress status showed either the ridden/not ridden status of the prerequisite trails, or the count of the trails still needed.

Also, although its not immediately obvious but is there a way the badge description could include any timeframe requirements for the badge? It seems to earn a badge, trails must be ridden after the badge was created - it doesn't count if you've ridden them previously.

Badges only count on rides after the badge is created.

I will be adding some way to view your progress of which trails you've ridden for badges that have the criteria to ride specific trails.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 17:21 Quote
canadaka wrote:
mrtoodles wrote:

Badges only count on rides after the badge is created.

I will be adding some way to view your progress of which trails you've ridden for badges that have the criteria to ride specific trails.

Cheers - that would be awesome. Some of the badges have a heap of trail prerequisities and its hard to see which you've ridden after the badge was created.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
badges with trails as criteria now show a green check mark beside the trails you've ridden towards the completion of the badge.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
canadaka wrote:
badges with trails as criteria now show a green check mark beside the trails you've ridden towards the completion of the badge.

Awesome stuff!

Is there a way to do a progress bar for the cumaltive climbing/descending metres or distance criteria badges?

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
canadaka wrote:

Awesome stuff!

Is there a way to do a progress bar for the cumaltive climbing/descending metres or distance criteria badges?

Yeah, seeing a progress bar would be cool! Or at least the actual number (like the badges for # of trails, like you've ridden 6/10 blue trails).

1 other issue. Not sure for other areas, but the Completionist badges include PLANNED trails, so there's no way we can complete/earn that badge...unless we walk to planned route! An example is https://www.trailforks.com/trails/flashback-pt1/

Thanks for creating the badges, it's fun!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Crap, I must have missed filtering out planned trails, I edited that badge removing them.

I will show the distance, descent and climb progress number.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
I already PM'ed about this, but it would be good if we could flag or report when a completionist badge includes a trail that has mistakenly been included.

Also, going forward - will completionist badges be "unearned" if new trails are added? I hope not or it will be impossible to keep them.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
Nice work Canadaka!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
I already PM'ed about this, but it would be good if we could flag or report when a completionist badge includes a trail that has mistakenly been included.

Also, going forward - will completionist badges be "unearned" if new trails are added? I hope not or it will be impossible to keep them.

No they are static at the moment. Maybe could make new completionist badges every couple years.

I do think I need to create a script that checks these badges, for trail changes though.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 20:10 Quote
Do the badges expire or something? I re-earned a badge today that I already had. And just checking now, some of the completionist badges I had are now not showing up as "earned" even though I'm listed as a recipient.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 19:15 Quote
Great job with the app and the badges.

The ability to see if badges could be earned multiple times would be helpful.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009710
Mobile Version of Website