New Bike

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
Hello,

I am going to get into MTB but need suggestions on the type of bike to get. I want to do some local downhill trails and also some flat paths with my wife. I do plan to go to Whistler and do some of the runs there too. I was a competitive skateboarder in the past and expect to take this seriously as well. Wanting a bike that will grow with me. I’m 6.1 and 200lbs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 20:14 Quote
DNDKelowna wrote:
Hello,

I am going to get into MTB but need suggestions on the type of bike to get. I want to do some local downhill trails and also some flat paths with my wife. I do plan to go to Whistler and do some of the runs there too. I was a competitive skateboarder in the past and expect to take this seriously as well. Wanting a bike that will grow with me. I’m 6.1 and 200lbs.

whats your price range?

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 20:58 Quote
DNDKelowna wrote:
$3000.00 max
look around on the buy and sell, there are some awesome deals

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
Okay thanks but I was seeing what type of bike to get not where to get one.

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
I'll say enduro bike because it is the most versatile and popular type of mtb.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 3:37 Quote
Whatever your local terrain is like and what kind of riding you will be doing the majority of the time decides what kind of bike you should get. We need to know this type of info first before making bike recommendations.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
Something with around 150+mm of travel will suit your needs. It will work well on DH runs and whistler and still be able to be pedalled on flatter terrain, albeit not very efficiently.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 5:30 Quote
Without naming every bike that would tick your boxes.....
Commencal AM
YT Jeffsey
Specialized Stump Jumper
Specialized Enduro
Canyon Spectral
Transition Patrol
Keep in mind, pretty much all the newer 130-150 travel bikes can handle a lot of downhill parkswith no problems, they are just really capable, all round bikes.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 5:35 Quote
$3000 will get you a lot of bike, especially with YT or Commencal. One more thing, the 150-170 bikes climb pretty good now, and the 110-140 bikes can slay it going down. Like I said , bikes are pretty dialed in now, so you cant go wrong with your money.

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 7:11 Quote
DNDKelowna wrote:
Hello,

If you can stretch your budget any you can get some sick Mondraker Foxy's with a coil shock and a lyrik in the buy/sell for about 3500 usd.

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
If you're buying used, search at $500 over what you want to pay, you'll usually be able to talk them down a bit.

If you don't know how to check a bike out - bring a friend, or figure out how to check for brake pad wear, chain stretch, warped discs, flat spotted wheels, suspension problems, endless list. Or you'll end up getting a bargain that costs more than a new bike to make it run right.

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
1 Step. Put pants on

2 Step. Put Shoes on

3 Step. Drive to local bike shops

4 Step. Ask questions

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
DanielOcean wrote:
1 Step. Put pants on

2 Step. Put Shoes on

3 Step. Drive to local bike shops

4 Step. Ask questions

agreed. go to brands you thing look cool website. They have a dealer list. Go test ride the bike. pick from that.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016917
Mobile Version of Website