Multiple payment with PayPal?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Multiple payment with PayPal?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
I have someone wanting to buy a bike from me. He said the bank will only let him do $1000.00 a day. Buyer said once I receive all Payments I can then ship the bike. Does this sound like a scam? And he is from Jamaica shipping to Florida.
He told me that the address will be the PayPal address.
It just doesn't feel right.

Tony

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
gambo21 wrote:
I have someone wanting to buy a bike from me. He said the bank will only let him do $1000.00 a day. Buyer said once I receive all Payments I can then ship the bike. Does this sound like a scam? And he is from Jamaica shipping to Florida.

Tony

It's a SCAM...Walk away.

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
gambo21 wrote:

Tony
I've done this several times..I wanted a frame didn't have all the cash upfront seller said I could make payments.
As a seller you go to PayPal.com create an invoice there is a little box at the lower left of the invoice that has the option to allow payments you can even set the minimum payment.

Pp will track the payments until paid in full then you ship.
I've done it for my wheelset contacted seller proposed a down payment seller agreed and then I made payments until paid in full.

That's how a not rich guy like me is rolling on a Chris King carbon wheelset.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
gambo21 wrote:

Tony

Hey Tony,

We spoke on the phone, I explained my situation, I wasn't trying to scam you, thats why we use Paypal. I am a hard working man who saw a deal and hoped you understood. That is the limit the bank has on me "Struggles of a Poor Man" I worked hard to save to buy a bike like that. There are still good honest hard working people out here we just trying to survive.

I saw another deal and the seller understood and I did make multiple payments to get the bike, took me a while but hey I got it. .

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
Thanks man someone who actually gets it. Those are some nice wheels too...

reverend27 wrote:
gambo21 wrote:

Tony
I've done this several times..I wanted a frame didn't have all the cash upfront seller said I could make payments.
As a seller you go to PayPal.com create an invoice there is a little box at the lower left of the invoice that has the option to allow payments you can even set the minimum payment.

Pp will track the payments until paid in full then you ship.
I've done it for my wheelset contacted seller proposed a down payment seller agreed and then I made payments until paid in full.

That's how a not rich guy like me is rolling on a Chris King carbon wheelset.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022673
Mobile Version of Website