Fire Sale

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 3:45 Quote
All bikes are market as sold out on their website, was their Easter sales a fire sale?

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
The CF Pro Race models are sold out as they had £1000 them off last week, none of the others were on sale, the CF Pro are in stock.

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
The CF Pro Race models are not actually sold out but they pulled the sale because YT experienced severe customer feedback from those that had just bought the brand new models and then a month later they dropped the price by $1,000. It was a very stupid move on YT's part because they upset the true loyal YT purchasers that were willing to shell out full price for the new YT bikes. I think they realized if the sale continued then no one would ever pull the trigger early on a new YT bike again. I bet you will see the stock come back today or in the next few days because the sale would have ended yesterday had they not pulled it early.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 5:30 Quote
jcg2 wrote:
The CF Pro Race models are not actually sold out but they pulled the sale because YT experienced severe customer feedback from those that had just bought the brand new models and then a month later they dropped the price by $1,000. It was a very stupid move on YT's part because they upset the true loyal YT purchasers that were willing to shell out full price for the new YT bikes. I think they realized if the sale continued then no one would ever pull the trigger early on a new YT bike again. I bet you will see the stock come back today or in the next few days because the sale would have ended yesterday had they not pulled it early.

Interesting... They're all now showing as back in stock, funnily enough.

I wonder if there will ever be another mid-season sale? I don't agree that a brief sale after the bikes have been available for a few months is wrong, if you choose to buy in the first month of something being released then you risk it being cheaper in a few months, or whenever.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 19:26 Quote
tallpaul-s wrote:
jcg2 wrote:

Interesting... They're all now showing as back in stock, funnily enough.

I wonder if there will ever be another mid-season sale? I don't agree that a brief sale after the bikes have been available for a few months is wrong, if you choose to buy in the first month of something being released then you risk it being cheaper in a few months, or whenever.

I agree they have the right to price their bikes anyway they like but cutting the price by $1,000 so soon after release is not a smart move long-term because they would be slitting their own throat when next year's models are released because many would not buy early because of the possibility of a sale soon after release.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015380
Mobile Version of Website