BMX ks not allowed at my local skate park!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
BMX ks not allowed at my local skate park!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
What should I do to try and get bmx approved. I ask why it wasnt allowed and they were a little mean and said it was just a rule... share your experiences or advice.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 10:31 Quote
Look up the people who organized the park and find out why they made the rules that way. Show up with a skateboard and a broom and help clean up if it needs it. You might find they worked for ages to get the park built, so they're protective of it. When parks get crowded, people collide more, and a skateboarder hitting a bike or a scooter hurts lots more than hitting another skateboarder. Also, BMX pegs are rough on ledges and copings. Maybe they'd be up for sharing on specific hours, some places do that. Organize & build a pump track nearby. And, find more parks in your area, because riding on skateparks is addictive!

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
gmoynihan wrote:
Look up the people who organized the park and find out why they made the rules that way. Show up with a skateboard and a broom and help clean up if it needs it. You might find they worked for ages to get the park built, so they're protective of it. When parks get crowded, people collide more, and a skateboarder hitting a bike or a scooter hurts lots more than hitting another skateboarder. Also, BMX pegs are rough on ledges and copings. Maybe they'd be up for sharing on specific hours, some places do that. Organize & build a pump track nearby. And, find more parks in your area, because riding on skateparks is addictive!

Thanks for the help. I will see what I can do and maybe get a pump track started In the (grassy) park beside the skate park.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008590
Mobile Version of Website