I have a need for an Enduro bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
I have a need for an Enduro bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 22:47 Quote
I just sold my pride and joy so I can make a decent upgrade! Therefore, after shopping around a bit, I've tried to see what I might look at getting in terms of an Enduro bike. I love the look of the 2019 Canyon Spectral and with some nice models coming in at around 4k Australian, I can't complain. I've always loved Santa Cruz bikes, especially the nomad (but they're very pricey) and the Bronson is looking better and better these days. Wouldn't mind looking into some of the usual brands like the Giant reign, Merida one-sixty or even s Specialized stumpjumper for a new enduro but I wouldn't mind trying something new/special and a little exotic (personally).

So, has anyone recently purchased a new enduro bike? One that blew them away and would recommend? I'm quite simply stumped and I don't know what I should get!

I am from down under Australia so some aspects of biking life may vary from here!

Thanks in advance for any replies/help.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 0:34 Quote
Hu, upgrading is always very exciting! I was going to buy a 2019 trek remedy 8 but felt like it was a bit 'characterless', not a bad bike, easy to get used to and good up and down but a bit dull or boring. I ended up going with a 2018kona process 153 27.5 AL instead. So freakin fun, loves to pop and manual and looks stunning. Would definitely recommend it! The reign is good too, test rode it a few times (used to work at bike shop here in NZ) but not a good climber at all!

photo
there she is in her tan shoes!

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 6:46 Quote
R-Butch wrote:
I just sold my pride and joy so I can make a decent upgrade! Therefore, after shopping around a bit, I've tried to see what I might look at getting in terms of an Enduro bike. I love the look of the 2019 Canyon Spectral and with some nice models coming in at around 4k Australian, I can't complain. I've always loved Santa Cruz bikes, especially the nomad (but they're very pricey) and the Bronson is looking better and better these days. Wouldn't mind looking into some of the usual brands like the Giant reign, Merida one-sixty or even s Specialized stumpjumper for a new enduro but I wouldn't mind trying something new/special and a little exotic (personally).

So, has anyone recently purchased a new enduro bike? One that blew them away and would recommend? I'm quite simply stumped and I don't know what I should get!

I am from down under Australia so some aspects of biking life may vary from here!

Thanks in advance for any replies/help.

If you want exotic go mondraker. If you can get them down under. I have one and I love it. it climbs amazing and descends better. I have the top of the range Foxy RRSL. I only bought that one because I got a killer deal on it.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
Today I rode my 2019 Reign SX and a 2019 Stumpy ST. Recently I have also ridden a regular Stumpjumper, a Transition Sentinel and Smuggler, as well as a Process 153.

The Reign and Process 153 are the most low slung, playful, easy to manual and pop around, big-bmx bikes. The Sentinel feels like it rolls the fastest, but I doubt it's faster than the Reign. Smuggler is a sweet bike, the geometry makes it more stable then I expected. It feels big, but small at the same time. I liked it more than the Sentinel, and I rarely like the smaller bikes. The Stumpy ST climbed the best and the regular Stumpy was the best all around bike if you can only have one for XC and All MTN. Both the Stumpies are poppy and don't feel as wagon wheely or unwieldy as the Transitions, I really want to try the alloy Evo Stump.

The Process and Reign feel like the most intuitive bikes, and I feel like I'm one with the bike, versus just sitting on top of something. That really comes down to me not like 29 wheels that much though. The truth is, all these new bikes are awesome. Find some reviews of all the bikes your considering, and find the bike that matches up with your style.

Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 21:36 Quote
I’m currently looking for an enduro bike to compliment my Jeffsy 29, it’s a great bike but when things get really fast and chunky it becomes a little flighty.

My friend running my LBS can get a fantastic price for an Orbea Rallon, they look great but it’s the Commencal Meta AM 29 that’s getting the juices flowing.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009905
Mobile Version of Website