Northshore Racks and YT tues

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Northshore Racks and YT tues
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 20:14 Quote
Does anyone have NSR rack and know if the 2017 and newer 2018/19 framed YT tues fit the fork crown cradle?

Many thanks!

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
Ah crap, I had my Tues all built up the other day and was meaning to check it on my nsr before putting it back in the box. Away for a couple of weeks so I'll know the day i get back and hit the bike park! I have a feeling I might need to bend the prongs a little, my friends carbon Norco range was a pain in the ass last week and I think the Yt headtube is wider

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
jazzawil wrote:
Ah crap, I had my Tues all built up the other day and was meaning to check it on my nsr before putting it back in the box. Away for a couple of weeks so I'll know the day i get back and hit the bike park! I have a feeling I might need to bend the prongs a little, my friends carbon Norco range was a pain in the ass last week and I think the Yt headtube is wider

Yeah the head tube on the tues is very wide which was my worry. I’m thinking about getting a vertical rack that holds the bike by the front wheel instead of by the head tube like nsr does. I’ve also seen racks that hold by the handlebars eliminating frame rub as I do believe the nsr rubs a bit.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
NSR can rub paint on the fork crowns a bit and potentially the head tube as well (you can toss a cloth or old shirt to protect if you care). You can bend the prongs out a bit, bit of heat might help, haven't tried the new Tues but had to do that with my Norco Aurum and friends TR500.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 14:55 Quote
I had to bend 2 of the prongs a bit to get my 2018 Tues to fit my NSR. I didn't bother heating, just cold set with a 3' long pipe.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 17:16 Quote
If anyone is ever in the market for a rack I can't say enough good things about the Recon racks. not cheap but fits every kind of bike I've ever put it in (including fat bikes and e-bikes etc with 3.8" width tires. beefy construction too.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 20:15 Quote
Finally got my 2019 Tues with a 2018 380 bomber on the font on my Northshore rack. Bent the prongs a bit and took off the rubber protectors and wrapped then in mastic tape. My rack is from 2013 and I think the rubber bits are a bit thinner now. And added some more 3m frame protection where the rack supports the bike.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010607
Mobile Version of Website