Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
[Quote="mikebeeee"]Hi, I'm switching from the stock SuperDeluxe to a Fox Float X2. Having trouble finding the 30x8 mounting hardware for the shock rear mount. A 29.9 is easier to find, but it's obviously .1 too narrow... maybe a super thin .1 spacer?

The roller bearing 30x8 rear mount is a little easier to find. Anybody have any experience with that, and if you do, is there noticeable performance difference between the standard busing and the roller bearings? The Rock Shox used bearings in the rear, FWIW.[/Quote

I couldn't keep the roller bearing from clicking. The bushing hardware is a weird size like 29.97mm. Call fox they'll give you the part number.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 9:05 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
Checked them out..... what’s your thoughts guys do you like them?

I like them! I bet they're going to look insane in person...

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
PJJ205 wrote:
sharpy182 wrote:
Checked them out..... what’s your thoughts guys do you like them?

I like them! I bet they're going to look insane in person...

The yellow grown on me... it’ll be great to see them in the flesh.

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
Anyone fitted a Fox X2 air in a megatower yet?

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 0:56 Quote
Yes, 230x60mm Fox X2 fits perfect.

A week ago I have changed my 2020 Fox X2 for EXT Storia V3.. Storia is much better option, plush but still as much poppy and alivr as with X2. I am not going back to air shock.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 1:14 Quote
mloncar wrote:
Yes, 230x60mm Fox X2 fits perfect.

A week ago I have changed my 2020 Fox X2 for EXT Storia V3.. Storia is much better option, plush but still as much poppy and alivr as with X2. I am not going back to air shock.

Thanks for reply, storia v3 good choice

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 9:35 Quote
Does anyone know why they didn’t launch the new Megatower colours with the rest of the Santacruz range? I know what the colours will be, but curious to why they aren’t up on the Santacruz website

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
mikebeeee wrote:
Hi, I'm switching from the stock SuperDeluxe to a Fox Float X2. Having trouble finding the 30x8 mounting hardware for the shock rear mount. A 29.9 is easier to find, but it's obviously .1 too narrow... maybe a super thin .1 spacer?

The roller bearing 30x8 rear mount is a little easier to find. Anybody have any experience with that, and if you do, is there noticeable performance difference between the standard busing and the roller bearings? The Rock Shox used bearings in the rear, FWIW.
the 30x8 roller bearing kit is what you want, fits perfectly and helps improve the small bump sensitivity. I have this on the 2021 Float X2 and it fits perfectly

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
Anyone fitted a Fox X2 air in a megatower yet?

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/19052467/
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/19052466/

2021 Float X2 fits this bike perfectly. Better sensitivity, but also more support. Great upgrade

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
Alright guys.. does anyone have the part number for the thinner replacement
rear non drive side flip chip? mines has been playing up, emailed the uk distribution which they are yet to reply but I was looking to check the part number against the one I already have.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 17:47 Quote
Anybody has lower link creak my bike is only a handful of ride and it has been the worst creaking i have ever heard on any bike ???? also how did you fixed these?

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
marcoroy wrote:
Anybody has lower link creak my bike is only a handful of ride and it has been the worst creaking i have ever heard on any bike ???? also how did you fixed these?
https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/node/2148
There is the link to check bearing tightness. Use the 2018 & up specs. Grease the pivot bolts.
Another very common creak spot on Santa Cruz is the nylon shock bushing(fox shocks). Take it out & lightly grease it.
You really should not have to grease the nylon bushings, but I have found many of those to be the source of creaks.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 20:17 Quote
I had a nasty pivot creak when one of my bearing fasteners worked itself loose.. Actually ended up replacing both shock bearings thinking they were the cause before realizing what the actual cause was lol

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
Hey guys, I’m looking at buying a Megatower (actually waiting for my shop to hear back from Santa Cruz on availability of a large) and I was just wondering how you guys have found the reverb c1 dropper? I was thinking of switching it out for either a fox transfer or oneup v2 and get a longer drop (being the reason I’m considering the oneup). I’m 6’ and am also wondering on what your guys opinion is, is that long of a dropper unnecessary? Does anyone know of the 210 one up dropper fit all the way into the seat tube?

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance for whatever you guys can answer!

Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 9:58 Quote
freeskool wrote:
Hey guys, I’m looking at buying a Megatower (actually waiting for my shop to hear back from Santa Cruz on availability of a large) and I was just wondering how you guys have found the reverb c1 dropper? I was thinking of switching it out for either a fox transfer or oneup v2 and get a longer drop (being the reason I’m considering the oneup). I’m 6’ and am also wondering on what your guys opinion is, is that long of a dropper unnecessary? Does anyone know of the 210 one up dropper fit all the way into the seat tube?

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance for whatever you guys can answer!

I wish I could say I had a good experience with the reverb, but after it only working properly for about 45 minutes after purchase out of 3 months of riding, I switched to the oneup. Absolutely love the oneup, it just works. It also seems quiter as there isnt as much play in the post.

I am 6'2" riding a size XL megatower with a 210mm oneup post and I have about 3 inches of the post still sticking out if that helps.

Bottom line sell the reverb as a new take off and buy a oneup post

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009726
Mobile Version of Website